Introduces exciting 4G offer for Pre-paid customers: Now enjoy 10 GB 4G data for just Rs 249 with every new 4G mobile handset
- Airtel 4G in Gujarat rolled out in the 1800MHz spectrum band using FD LTE technology
- 4G available at 3G prices and all customers can get one-time 2GB free 4G data with U-SIM upgrade
- The launch is part of Project Leap – Airtel’s national network transformation initiative. Airtel 4G services now in 18 circles across India
Surat, October 26, 2016: Following the roll out of its 4G services in Ahmedabad and Vadodara, Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s largest telecommunications services provider, today announced the launch of its 4G services in Surat.
Airtel 4G will deliver fast mobile broadband speeds and enable customers to enjoy uninterrupted HD video streaming, superfast uploading and downloading of movies, music and images. Customer will be able to access 4G across a range of smart devices including mobile phones, 4G MiFi and dongles with value-for-money pre-paid and post-paid plans.
Airtel 4G in Gujarat has been rolled out using spectrum band of 1800 MHz (FD LTE) which ensures higher spectrum efficiency and increased upload and download speeds, which translates into a superior customer experience.
Commenting on the launch, Murthy Chaganti, Chief Executive Officer, Gujarat, Bharti Airtel Limited said, “We are delighted to launch our 4G services in the progressive city of Surat. Our valued customers can now upgrade to 4G at no additional cost with our value for money plans for pre-paid & post-paid categories, and enjoy great data benefits. We invite customers to get on to the digital superhighway with Airtel 4G. ”
Airtel announced a new 4G offer for prepaid customers who can now enjoy 10 GB 4G data for just Rs 249 with any new 4G handset. With a Rs 249 recharge, 1 GB data will be instantly credited to the customer’s account and the additional 9 GB data can be claimed by the customer through My Airtel app. Users can avail a maximum of 3 recharges within 90 days, on the offer.
Airtel recently also launched the new version of its MyAirtel App – the one app for all apps. The refreshed MyAirtel App will offer the best of music, movies games, LIVE TV, e-books, chats and much more in one place. Users can also enjoy free 2GB cloud backup with the new Airtel Cloud app and free calling with Airtel Dialer.
Customers can choose from a range of other Postpaid and Prepaid packs to enjoy Airtel 4G
- Airtel’s Infinity plans starting from Rs. 1199 will offer 4G data with unlimited voice calls for STD, local and roaming.
- Airtel’s myPlan offers Post-paid customers the convenience of designing their own plans.
- Airtel’s special 4G Prepaid pack for Rs. 1495/- offering free* 4G data for 90 days.
- Another innovative 4G prepaid pack priced at Rs 1499/-, offers 6GB 4G data upfront and customers can get 1GB 4G at Rs. 51/- for the next 12 months.
Monthly plans for 4G devices start from Rs. 450/- and customer can also avail the attractive advance rental plans starting from Rs. 4500/- to avail their new device free of cost.
Airtel has led the 4G story in India, having launched India’s first 4G network in Kolkata in April 2012. Airtel’s 4G services are currently available in 18 circles across India.
In November 2015, Airtel commenced the implementation of its network transformation program - Project Leap. With a national investment of INR 60,000 Crores over the next three years, Airtel’s “Project Leap” is a strategic company initiative aimed at perceptibly improving its network quality and delivering the best customer experience.