Rolls out high speed mobile broadband services in Lucknow, Kanpur, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Allahabad, Agra, Bareilly & Meerut
Introduces exciting 4G offer for Pre-paid customers: Now enjoy 10 GB 4G data for just Rs 249 in UPW and 255 in UPE with every new 4G mobile handset
- Airtel 4G has been rolled out in 120 towns of UP on spectrum band of 1800 MHz (FD LTE) to offer a superior 4G experience to customers
- Customers can enjoy 4G at 3G prices; all customers get one-time 2GB free 4G data with upgrade to U-SIM by dialing 52122
- Host of plans to choose from - ‘Infinity Plans’ for postpaid customers offer unlimited voice calls along with data, bundled movies and music; Special 4G prepaid data pack offers free* data for 90 days
- The launch is part of Project Leap – Airtel’s national network transformation initiative. Airtel 4G services is now available in 21 circles across India
Special demo zones and kiosks have been installed at Airtel Stores at all the Own and Franchisee retail stores in these places respectively. Customers across Uttar Pradesh can switch their existing 2G/3G SIMs with 4G ready USIMs completely free of cost at any Airtel store/ retailer in the city.
To ensure higher network capacity and superior customer experience, Airtel 4G services in UP have been rolled out using spectrum bands of 1800 MHz (FD LTE). Airtel will extend its 4G footprint to other towns across UP in the coming months.
Commenting on the launch, Shailendra Singh, CEO – Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, Bharti Airtel said, “We are delighted to launch our 4G services in Uttar Pradesh. Our valued customers can now upgrade to 4G, free of cost and enjoy a high speed mobile broadband experience on the Airtel network. With the launch, customers can also look forward to exciting data offers, and choose from a host of affordable tariff plans that offer great value.”
Airtel also announced a new 4G offer for prepaid customers who can now enjoy 10 GB 4G data for just Rs 249 in UPW & Rs. 255 in UPE with any new 4G handset. With these recharges, 1 GB data will be instantly credited to the customer’s account and the additional 9 GB data can be claimed by the customer through MyAirtel app. Users can avail a maximum of 3 recharges within 90 days, on the offer.
Airtel recently launched a new version of its MyAirtel App – the one app for all apps. The refreshed MyAirtel App will offer the best of music, movies games, LIVE TV, e-books, chats and much more in one place. Users can also enjoy free 2GB cloud backup with the new Airtel Cloud app and free calling with Airtel Dialer.
Customers can choose from a range of other Postpaid and Prepaid packs to enjoy Airtel 4G
- Airtel’s Infinity plans starting from Rs.1199 will offer 4G data with unlimited voice calls for STD, local and roaming.
- Airtel’s myPlan offers Post-paid customers the convenience of designing their own plans.
- Airtel’s special 4G Prepaid pack for Rs.1495/- offering free* 4G data for 90 days.
- Another innovative 4G prepaid pack priced at Rs.1498 for UPW & Rs.1499/- for UPE offers 6GB 4G data upfront and customers can get 1GB 4G at Rs.56 for UPW & Rs.51 in UPE respectively for the next 12 months.
Airtel has led the 4G story in India, having launched India’s first 4G network in Kolkata in April 2012. Airtel’s 4G services are currently available in 21 circles across India.
In November 2015, Airtel commenced the implementation of its network transformation program - Project Leap. With a national investment of INR 60,000 Crores over the next three years, Airtel’s “Project Leap” is a strategic company initiative aimed at perceptibly improving its network quality and delivering the best customer experience.
About Bharti Airtel
Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 18 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services and mobile commerce. Bharti Airtel had over 359 million customers across its operations at the end of August 2016. To know more please visit, www.airtel.com