bharti airtel enters into a strategic partnership with Novatium to help expand the broadband market
Launches Net PC Plus on Airtel broadband for customers in Chennai
- Bharti Airtel-Novatium redefine category proposition with unique introductory offer
• One month buyback guarantee
• In-built cash back offer of Rs.4500/- after 24 months of usage
- Airtel Net PC Plus is available to Airtel broadband customers starting at Rs.4999/-
- To roll out services in key markets over the next two quarters
Chennai, May 5, 2010 : Bharti Airtel, Asia’s leading integrated telecom service provider, today entered into a strategic partnership with Novatium to help expand the broadband market in India. Novatium Solutions Private Limited is the leading provider of rich computing services in the country. Announcing the launch exclusively for Airtel broadband customers in Chennai, Bharti Airtel and Novatium have brought in a category defining introductory offer- The Airtel Net PC Plus comes with an in-built cash back offer of Rs.4500/- after 24 months of usage and a unique one month buy-back guarantee – if you are not happy with it you can return it within a month!
Available at multiple price points starting Rs.4999, customers wishing to purchase an Airtel Net PC Plus can order the same by calling on 1800 103 0121 OR by texting ‘net pc’ to 53636 OR by visiting www.airtel.in/netpc.
Airtel Net PC Plus features
- Unique Active Desktop, a category first feature to enable customers to personalize their desktop with widgets of their choice
- DAAS ready- Desktop As A Service enables subscriber to select remote OS desktop like, Microsoft Windows, Novell Suse & even Apple Macintosh on monthly subscription
- Can be used for both Internet access and Computing Applications
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Vikas Singh, CMO-Telemedia Services, Bharti Airtel said, “Our partnership with Novatium for the launch of Net PC Plus reinforces our strategic intent to enhance broadband experience for our customers by offering innovative and collaborative products. This managed computing service adds to Airtel’s existing portfolio of services that harness the power of cloud computing. The initiative will on one hand help individual, businesses users save on recurring costs and help spur broadband uptake by making user experience simpler and more affordable.”
Mr. Alok Singh, Chief Executive Officer, Novatium Solutions Pvt. Ltd. said, “India is on the verge of witnessing a computing revolution and we hope to be its engine. Nova NetPC Plus coupled with Bharti Airtel Limited has the potential to revolutionize the entire computing market. We are getting encouraging responses from subscribers and expect tremendous growth in the current fiscal. The vision of Novatium, he added, is to provide simple and affordable computing for the next billion.”
The Airtel Net PC Plus – powered by Novatium- brings many advantages:
- Savings of up to 50% compared to even a regular low cost PC
- Increased life of the machine - it virtually never crashes!
- Virus and spam free because there is no data residing in the local machine
- Maintenance free with Automatic software upgrades (which otherwise can cost up to Rs 10,000 a year)
Airtel broadband customers can purchase the Airtel Net PC Plus by choosing from 3 entry packs:
- Airtel Net PC Plus Plan A: One time upfront cost of Rs 4999/- includes Nova Navigator console, USB keyboard and a mouse
- Airtel Net PC Plus B: One time upfront cost of Rs 8999/- includes Nova Navigator console, USB keyboard and a mouse and 15 inch LCD monitor
- Airtel Net PC Plus C: One time upfront cost of Rs 10,999/- includes Nova Navigator console, USB keyboard and a mouse and 15 inch LCD monitor and 169 GB Hard disk drive
All the above come with a bundled Airtel Net PC Plus Plan with a monthly rental of Rs 999/- @ 512 Kbps. The services provide for a comprehensive computing experience with special emphasis on Internet, gaming, digital entertainment, online education, telephony and business productivity. The zero maintenance device works as a plug and play service at the customer premises with all the data residing in the backend, fully secure and high availability data centre.
About Bharti Airtel Limited : Bharti Airtel Limited, a group company of Bharti Enterprises, is among Asia’s leading integrated telecom services providers with operations in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. The company has an aggregate of around 138 million customers across its operations. Bharti Airtel has been ranked among the six best performing technology companies in the world by Business Week.
Bharti Airtel is structured as four strategic business units - Mobile, Telemedia, Enterprise and Digital TV. The mobile business offers services in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. The Telemedia business provides broadband, IPTV and telephone services in 89 Indian cities. The Enterprise business provides end-to-end telecom solutions to corporate customers and national and international long distance services to carriers. The Digital TV business provides DTH services across India. All these services are provided under the Airtel brand (excluding Bangladesh currently). Airtel’s national high-speed optic fiber network currently spans over 126,357 Rkms across India. Airtel's international network infrastructure includes ownership of the i2i submarine cable system and consortium ownership in five global undersea cable systems, SEA-ME-WE 4, EIG, I-ME-WE, AAG and UNITY. For more information, visit www.airtel.in
About Novatium Solutions Pvt. Ltd
Novatium is the leading provider of rich computing services and provides Utility Computing as a Service. Comprising of the best of breed computing applications and content, Novatium delivers end to end computing solutions with superior performance on a simple to use platform to operate on.
Novatium has built a comprehensive support system that bridges the gap between the present and the future of computing. With users having the choice to have the latest technology retaining the legacy computing, Novatium provides a completely flexible computing service that delivers to the user, just what he needs with the least strain in the purse. Users can now get customized computing with handpicked software and applications.
Novatium builds affordable and simple computing platform to provide comprehensive computing solutions. Novatium has top-of-the-line expertise in core computing environments like Linux Development, hardware platform, media processing, product testing, research in networking and Audio/Video technology, network administration, Linux/Windows system administration, Linux internals, programming and X Windows.