Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is “Mera Pehla Smartphone”/ My first Smartphone?
Mera Pehla Smartphone’ is Airtel’s initiative to digitally empower every Indian with a 4G Smartphone by partnering with manufactures to bring affordable 4G Smartphones.
2) What does the customer get?
- Cashback of Rs. 2000 from Airtel without Handset return
- Customer can also enjoy a special recharge pack of Rs. 169 with Unlimited Calling and 1GB data per day for a period of twenty-eight (28) days
3) How is the effective price of the phone calculated?
The selling price of the handset minus the cash back from Airtel gives the effective price.
4) Is there a Handset return condition for getting cashback?
No, customer does not need to return the phone for availing the cashback. The ownership of the smartphone is completely with the customer and there is no need to return the device to Airtel/manufacturer at any point to claim the cash benefit.
5) Is my handset eligible for the Cashback offer?
Below models are eligible for the offer- Celkon Smart 4G / Celkon Star 4G / Karbonn A40 Indian / Karbonn Jumbo/ Karbonn Jumbo 2/Karbonn Flames S7/ Karbonn A1 Indian / Karbonn K9 Smart Yuva / Karbonn K9 Smart Selfie / Karbonn K9 Kavach / Intex Aqua N1 / Intex Aqua A4 / Intex Aqua S3/ Intex Elyt Dual/ Zen Admire Unity/ Zen M72/ ITEL A40 / ITEL A41/ Lava A52/ Lava A44/ Lava A77/ Lava A97 / Lava Z50/ Lava Z60 / Lava Z70/ Lava Z80/ Lava Z90/ Lephone W2/ Lephone W10/ Motorola C/ Motorola E4/ Lenovo K8 Note/ Nokia 2/ Nokia 3/ New Nokia 6/ Nokia 7 Plus/ Samsung Galaxy J2 ( 2017)/ Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime/ Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime/ Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro/ Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/ Xiaomi Redmi 4/ Xiaomi Redmi 4A/ Xiaomi Mi A1/ Xiaomi Mi Mix 2/ Xiaomi Mi Max 2. MPS offer is valid only for new/existing prepaid subscribers who wish to avail of Airtel’s mobility services on the above select models. For exact details of the cashback scheme on each handset visit airtel.in/4Gphone
6) When does the customer get the cashback?
Customer will get total cashback of Rs. 2000 in 2 parts. 1st cashback will be after 18 months and the second cashback will be after 36 months in his Airtel payments bank/Airtel wallet based on the offer specific to the handset. The first Airtel Mobile SIM card inserted in the Device is deemed associated with the offer, the cashback will be given on the Airtel wallet on this mobile. To check the device-wise detail of the total cashback amount, visit airtel.in/4Gphone. The details can be found on the following link- https://www.airtel.in/4g-phone-terms
7) What is the eligibility criteria for cashback?
- Handset must be from the list of eligible handsets
- Customer needs to be an active Airtel subscriber i.e. he must recharge his number at least once every month
- Customer needs to recharge for a specified minimum total amount over next 18 months to be eligible for the first cashback.
- During this period, the customer mobile number associated with the offer should stay on the same IMEI.
- Customer needs to continue recharging for the same total amount over the next 18 months to be eligible for the second cashback. For the second cashback, the IMEI of the handset can be different.
- Details specific to handsets- https://www.airtel.in/4g-phone-terms
8) What is the process of getting the cashback?
- The cashback will be given to customer in 2 tranches
- If the customer fulfills all the eligibility conditions, at the end of the first period, customer can claim the cashback by clicking a banner on the MyAirtel app. The cashback will automatically reflect in his/her Airtel wallet
- If the customer fulfills all the eligibility conditions, at the end of the second period, customer can claim the cashback by clicking a banner on the MyAirtel app. The cashback will automatically reflect in his/her Airtel wallet
9) What are the features of the phone under cashback?
Features of all the offer handsets can be found at airtel.in/4Gphone
10) What are the benefits of Rs. 169
- For Partner handsets listed on the page: The new Rs 169 pack is the most affordable unlimited bundled pack for entry level smartphones and thus truly offers exceptional value to MPS customers with 1GB data per day and unlimited [Local + STD] calling benefits for twenty eight (28) days.
- For other handsets: With INR 169/- Unlimited Local + STD Mobile calls (subject to fair usage policy) + 1 GB data per day for a period of fourteen days (14) days.
11) Where can I buy the handsets from?
Visit the nearest stores or any online e-commerce portal to get the smartphones under the offer
12) Where would I get my cashback?
Cashback will be credited in the Airtel wallet linked with the mobile number inserted in the MPS handset
13) How do I open an Airtel wallet?
Customer needs to follow the below steps to open an Airtel wallet-
- Go to Play Store
- Download MyAirtel app
- Click on ‘Get Wallet’ or ‘Payments Bank’ tab in the app
- Fill the registration form and click ‘continue’. Customer has to enter First name, Last name, Mobile number, Date of Birth, email, pin code and one validation document number (Aadhaar card or pan card or Driving license etc.).
- Set a 4-digit mPIN and submit
- Enter the OTP and complete the verification
The limit for Airtel wallet is Rs. 9000. The balance can be used for merchant payments. It cannot be used to transfer to other accounts/wallets or for withdrawal.
14) I am a postpaid customer, is the cashback available on postpaid?
No, cashback is available only for prepaid customers