Cashless transactions and payment processes have become very common now. Their integration into our daily life has also been fastened due to the rapid adaptation of smartphones as well as cheap internet data plan. The internet is now accessible to everyone – people from all walks of life use it every day. The internet has also made managing businesses easier. Nowadays, you can simply scan a QR code and make payments from your smartphone, provided you have an active bank account and an appropriate UPI based application that supports these transactions.
What is UPI and is it safe?
UPI, which stands for Unified Payments Interface, is the underlying technology behind every UPI app that supports instant transactions. UPI enables the seamless and cashless transactions that have become so popular today, and Airtel Thanks is one of the apps that runs on it.
In terms of safety, UPI enabled apps have 2-factor authentication within them, which means twice the safety for your money. Moreover, you do not even have to enter your IFSC codes, account number and other card/bank details every time you make a transaction. With UPI, everything is effortless and safe.
Why should I adapt to UPI?
UPI payments are hassle free and make payments easier for all – both businesses and customers. Due to its effortless payment features and high level of security, it has become extremely popular. As a result, more and more customers now prefer to pay for their online purchases through UPI.
The technology also reduces friction between the traditional online payment processes – such as entering card name, card number and expiry date, CVV number and then awaiting for an OTP that will finally complete your transaction.
With a UPI app such as Airtel Thanks, customers can simply scan the QR code or enter their respective UPI ID on the website, get a notification for the payment and once they verify it, the order gets placed. It’s as simple and breezy as that.
How can I test my UPI payment app?
Here are a few simple and easy to follow steps which you can perform to check if your UPI app is working smoothly.
To send an amount to a person with an UPI ID:
- Open the Airtel Thanks UPI app
- Select a person from your contact list who also has an UPI ID
- Now, send them ₹1 as a test
- To send them money, simply enter the amount (in this case ₹1), proceed, and enter your personal UPI PIN
- Click on enter, and they will receive the money instantly
- You will also get an SMS notification from your bank that alerts you about the amount that has been spent from your account
- If the entire process goes smoothly, you can proceed to send the rest of the amount to the person if you wish
To send money by scanning a QR code:
- Open the Airtel Thanks UPI app
- Choose the QR code button and point your phone’s camera towards the banner
- Place the banner within the highlighted section on your phone screen
- Now you will be taken to the payment gateway straightaway, where you can enter a token amount (for example, ₹1)
- To send the token amount, proceed to enter your personal UPI PIN and send the amount
- You’ll receive an SMS from your bank notifying that the transaction has been successful.
- Now that the UPI payments app is working well, you can proceed to enter the remaining balance to complete the transaction