Igniting India's Digital Potential: Oracle Cloud
Running your mission-critical applications on legacy, 'on-premises' infrastructure is the thing of the past in this increasingly virtualised, hyper-connected world. In today’s hybrid workplace, ensuring sufficient resources and staff availability for optimum functioning of your systems has become extremely difficult. That’s why organisations are rapidly moving their business-critical applications to the cloud. Cloud service providers have dedicated resources, security protocols and binding SLAs that ensure smooth running of your mission-critical applications at all times.
How Airtel-Oracle partnership can help you?
Secure by design
Our cloud migration services include in-built, end-to-end threat modelling, continuous risk assessment and ‘zero-trust’ security.
Scale with ease
Our cloud services enable you to scale your infrastructure, processes and network capacity quickly and easily, with little to no downtime.
Support at every step
Oracle and Airtel have invested to create a CoE team to help you at every step of your cloud migration journey.
Airtel and Oracle partnership to co-create solutions
Data security has always been paramount for the BFSI industry. Besides, upgrading the infrastructure is also a huge challenge due to the stringent privacy protocols.
Given the size and scale of theri operations, IT/ITES enterprises constantly struggle to minimise unplanned downtimes of failures.
Manufacturers are stuck with legacy systems that cause unplanned production line stops, performance decline, quality loss and more,
Companies in the service sector are constantly looking for solutions that are highly scalable and efficient at capacity provisioning, load balancing, application health monitoring and security.
Pivoting on cloud to accelerate India’s digital economy
Support India’s cloud ambitions
Addressing the ever-growing demand for cloud services in India by bringing public cloud access to millions of enterprises, start-ups, SMBs and government corporations.
Ensure business continuity
Driving business continuity with Airtel and Oracle’s proven reliability, resilience and support across the entire cloud migration process.
Deliver technical readiness
Leveraging Airtel’s robust network and connectivity capabilities with Oracle’s next-generation cloud solutions to boost your business growth.
Transcend the security dilemma
Delivering industry-leading security services that continuously assess risk and equip your business to take right actions, at the right time.
Achieving India’s digital goals with Airtel and Oracle
Strategic Clients Marketing Director
Airtel Cloud – Oracle
Learn more about Oracle and Airtel's partnership
Ganesh talks on Future of Cloud
Airtel and Oracle Double Down on Partnership to Accelerate India’s Digital Economy
- Press release
Interested ? Get in touch.
Learn more about how Airtel and Oracle can transform your
mission-critical applications and drive digital and enterprise growth.
Question on Airtel Oracle?
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is a platform of public cloud services that enables customers to build and run a wide range of applications in a scalable, secure, highly available, and high-performance environment. Oracle has 30 geographic regions around the world which helps customers scale globally. Oracle is offering over 65 services on its cloud platform from data centers globally across IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS, including compute, storage, Autonomous Database, Integration Cloud, and Oracle-packaged and Fusion Applications. Oracle cloud is the next-generation cloud designed to run any application, faster and more securely, for less. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure has all the services you need to migrate, build, and run all your IT, from existing enterprise workloads to new cloud native applications and data platforms. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is designed to protect customer workloads with a security-first approach across compute, network, and storage—down to the hardware. It's complemented by essential security services to provide the required levels of security for your most business-critical workloads.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is built for enterprises seeking higher performance, lower costs, and easier cloud migration for their applications. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure offers below benefits:
- - Enterprises can consume cloud services in the public cloud or within their own data center with Oracle Dedicated Region Cloud@Customer.
- - Migrate and run any workload as is on Oracle Cloud, including Oracle databases and applications, VMware, or bare metal servers.
- - Customers can easily implement security controls and automation to prevent misconfiguration errors and implement security best practices.
- - Oracle offers end-to-end SLAs covering performance, availability, and manageability of services.
- - Better performance at a significantly lower cost with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Better performance
- Deploy the same public cloud on-premises
- Migrate Oracle workloads with confidence
- Migrate and run any workload as is, including those that need bare metal or VMware
- Simplify and automate security with our zero-trust approach
- Reduce risk with Oracle’s unique SLAs
Latest version of Oracle databases is available on Oracle Cloud. The various database editions that are available on Oracle Cloud are as below.
- Oracle Database Cloud Service - Standard Edition
- Oracle Database Cloud Service - Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Database Cloud Service - Enterprise Edition High Performance
- Oracle Database Cloud Service - Enterprise Edition Extreme Performance
- Oracle Database Cloud Service - All Editions - BYOL
Customer can migrate their on-premises Oracle Database to an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Database service database using a number of different methods that use several different tools. The method that applies to a given migration scenario depends on several factors, including the version, character set, and platform endian format of the source and target databases.
Oracle now offers two new solutions for migrating Oracle database workloads from on-premises and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic to a variety of Oracle Database Cloud services: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Database Migration Service and Zero Downtime Migration.
Zero Downtime Migration (ZDM) is an installable tool which provides you with a simplified and automated migration experience, providing zero to negligible downtime for the production system. OCI Database Migration Service is based on the ZDM tool, and as a managed OCI service it provides you with a user interface to move Oracle databases to Oracle Cloud.
Many methods exist to migrate Oracle databases to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Database service.
- Data Pump Conventional Export/Import
- Data Pump Full Transportable
- Data Pump Transportable Tablespace
- Remote Cloning a PDB
- Remote Cloning Non-CDB
- RMAN Cross-Platform Transportable PDB
- RMAN Cross-Platform Transportable Tablespace Backup Sets
- RMAN Transportable Tablespace with Data Pump
- RMAN DUPLICATE from an Active Database
- RMAN CONVERT Transportable Tablespace with Data Pump
- SQL Developer and INSERT Statements to Migrate Selected Objects
- SQL Developer and SQL*Loader to Migrate Selected Objects
- Unplugging/Plugging a PDB
- Unplugging/Plugging Non-CDB
- Zero Downtime Migration Service
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is a next-generation infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) offering architected on security-first design principles. These principles include isolated network virtualization and pristine physical host deployment, which were previously difficult to achieve with earlier public cloud designs. With these design principles, OCI helps to reduce risk from advanced persistent threats. OCI benefits from tiered defenses and highly secure operations that span from the physical hardware in our data centers to the web layer, in addition to the protections and controls available in our cloud. Many of these protections also work with third-party clouds and on-premises solutions to help secure modern enterprise workloads and data where they reside.
The various OCI security products and features are as follows:
- Monitoring and mitigation with Cloud Guard, Security Zones, Vulnerability Scanning, and Cloud Guard Threat Detector
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Identity and Access Management
- Key Management
- Web Application Firewall
- Threat Intelligence
- Isolated network virtualization
- Root of trust
- Autonomous Linux
Oracle has its own platform, through which all the Oracle cloud services can be provisioned. All the services are integrated on its platform.
Oracle Cloud is the first public cloud built from the ground up to be a better cloud for every application. By rethinking core engineering and systems design for cloud computing, it created innovations that solve problems that customers have with existing public clouds. We accelerate migrations of existing enterprise workloads, deliver better reliability and performance for all applications, and offer the complete services customers need to build innovative cloud applications. Oracle Cloud Value propositions are as below:
- Second generation cloud services
- Leading Price-Performance
- Simplified, economical pricing that is consistent globally
- Best support for hybrid architectures
- Easily migrate enterprise apps
- Best for Oracle Workloads
- Best performance, scalability, availability, and deployment options for Oracle databases and workloads
- Zero-trust, security-first architecture and easy-to-implement security controls and automation