Bharti Airtel Limited Environment, Health And Safety Policy
Bharti Airtel Limited (“Bharti Airtel”) is committed to operate and provide products and services in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner. We recognize that by integrating robust environmental, health, and safety management practices into all aspects of our business, we can offer technologically innovative products and services while efficiently utilizing resources. We are also committed to achieving highest standards in health and safety within all the premises of Bharti Airtel for its employees, partners, associates and visitors.
Through this policy, we reinforce our commitment towards the following:
- Comply with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws and legislations and codes of practice. Meet, and exceed where feasible, all the laid down standards.
- Reducing the environmental footprint of our telecom infrastructure and facilities through focussed efforts to enhance energy efficiency & green energy in the energy mix and reduce Green House Gas (GHG) emissions.
- Working towards reducing the negative environmental impact of our operations by focusing on managing waste responsibly and optimizing resources.
- Working in collaboration with our suppliers, contractors, distributors, logistics partners and service providers to reduce our environmental footprint and negative environmental impact.
- Continue to create awareness among customers about the product lifecycle thus promoting safe usage of the product/service.
- Continue to take efforts towards raising consumer awareness around Electromagnetic Field (EMF) radiation compliance to Electromagnetic Field (EMF) exposure norms and demystifying concerns regarding exposure to EMF.
- Target a zero fatality work place by preventing environment, health and safety incidents at our operations and responding swiftly and effectively should they occur, to protect our employees, partners and the environment.
- Educate, train and motivate our employees to work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Continued focus on employee wellbeing, fitness and continued support for initiatives that promote healthy lifestyle.
- Comply with legal requirements regarding waste (hazardous & non-hazardous) generation, management and disposal regulations.
- Engage internally and externally with stakeholders and wider communities to promote responsible waste management, and understand and collaborate on efficient waste management practices.
- Monitor, measure and report on waste management practices following recognized national or internationally guidelines.
- Foster dialog and discussions on EHS matters with our stakeholders, both internal and external for communicating risk, performance and progress.
- Select and promote our suppliers and business partners to undertake safe and environmentally responsible operations.
- Promote regulatory, statutory, environment, health and safety standards on all joint ventures and subsidiaries, and mergers & acquisitions, including conducting of due diligence.
- Periodically review and improve our products and service offerings to improve the quality of life of our customers through technological developments, increasing coverage, creating adaptability and promoting safe usage.
- Remain committed to protect the environment wherever Bharti Airtel does business as a responsible corporate citizen.