Understanding your energy usage is the first step to becoming more energy efficient. A great place to begin is by going through your electricity bills. Most electricity bills contain technical terms, symbols, and rates that make the bill very confusing. Therefore, you may have challenges decoding your electricity bill.
In addition, if you look at your electricity bill, you will find out that it usually consists of multiple parts. They can all have separate segments, which may also vary according to the supplier. However, while everyone’s electricity bill will look different, depending on the utility, all bills have the same basic elements.
Therefore, let’s dive in deep to understand how to read your electricity bill and pay utility bill online.
How to read your electric utility bill?
Utility bills contain information such as the electric category, the payable rate for your electricity and taxes, fees, and transmission charges. However, to make it less complex, here are three principal components that will help you read your electric utility bill. Therefore, let’s get into it!
A KWh is the amount of power (watts) consumed by an appliance if left on for an hour, divided by 1000 (kilo). Every month, the reading on your electric meter is noted by the systems. After that, the same will be reflected on your electric bill used in KWh. This will be the payable rate that for the electricity you have used.
Delivery & Supply Cost
The delivery and supply charges are fixed rates set by your local electric utility company. The rates cover the transportation cost of the electricity from where it’s generated to your home or business. In addition, it also includes the costs of maintenance for power lines, natural gas pipelines, transformers, and other aspects of supplying electricity.
Electric Supply Charges
On your electricity bill, you get a listing of the amount of electricity used for the month. It is listed in kilowatt-hours, or kWh. Usually, the rate is set by your utility company and, you need to pay the final charges per kWh.
How to Pay Electricity Bill Online?
The ideal way to pay your electricity bill is through an online process. You no longer have to stand in a long queue to pay your bills. Hence, with cashless transactions, you save time and effort as you can make swift payments through your phone. You can pay utility bills online via Airtel Payments Bank. Follow the steps below to pay utility bill online:
Electricity Bill Payment Through the Airtel website:
- Visit the Airtel website at https://www.airtel.in/bank/
- Log in and select the “Electricity bill”.
- Enter the state and choose your biller.
- Fill in your customer number and Billing Unit (BU).
- Tap on “Fetch Bill” for electricity bill status.
- Now, you will get an OTP on your registered Airtel number.
- Provide the OTP to verify and proceed with the electricity bill payment.
Electricity Bill Payment Through the Airtel Thanks App:
- On the Airtel Thanks App, log in and navigate to the Payments Bank Section.
- Click on ‘Electricity Bill’ and select your state.
- Choose your operator and fill in your CA number, as per the bill.
- Tap on ‘Pay Now’ to proceed with the bill payment.
How to Check Your Online Electricity Bill Details?
Follow the steps given below to view information on your electricity bill online.
- Login to your Airtel account.
- Now, select the state of your residence.
- Choose your biller and fill in the consumer number.
- Enter your billing unit number.
- Tap on ‘Fetch Bill’ to get your bill details along with the unpaid amount.
- Hence, you will be able to see your electric bill for the month
Now that you know how to make your online electricity bill payment, you can pay your utility bills with the Airtel Payments Bank. Therefore when it comes to the security of your online transactions, every transaction is secure. Moreover, all the account information is confidential. You can access the information by logging in on the online portal through which you can do an electricity bill check and pay your bill digitally.