In today’s era, most of us have upgraded to the world of cashless payments. This has been a welcome change from the rather usual dependency on cash. There was a time when we had to spend long hours at ATM queues just to get cash.
Thankfully, that is no longer the case. Simply point your Airtel Thanks app to a QR code and make your grocery payment. Or if you want to send money to a friend, just type in their UPI ID and make the transaction.
The Indian population has also taken to cashless payments like a duck takes to water. You will now find them wherever you go. From your local chaat wallah to the cab driver to the high-end shopping complexes – they’re all around us. Part of this revolution has also been supported by the rapid integration of smartphones and cheap internet plans. As a result, UPI transactions are now performed by people from all walks of life.
But, have you ever wondered if there is a UPI transaction limit? Well, it does exist. Keep on reading to know more about the UPI transaction limit per day.
What is a UPI transaction limit?
A UPI transaction limit allows you to only transfer specific amount of money in a day. Therefore, you cannot send as much money as you wish. You can only send the amount of money that is permitted. Once you have reached the limit, you will have to wait until the end of the day. Thereafter, you will be able to make UPI-based transactions through your payments app once again.
Why is there a UPI limit?
The UPI limit has been put in place by the NPCI, which stands for National Payments Corporation of India. NPCI itself is a body that comes under the purview of the RBI (Reserve Bank of India).
The limits for UPI transactions have been put in place to ensure the safety and security of the consumers. Since UPI is a completely digital platform, having security measures in place is a necessity. Its primary aim here is to safeguard your money.
UPI transfer limit per day on Airtel Payments Bank
The UPI transaction transfer limits have been setup by the Government. Therefore, you have to comply with these rules while using the UPI features. These limits apply to all the UPI apps; hence, you will come across the same limits on other platforms as well. Now, when it comes to using the Airtel Thanks app, here is some information that will help you understand the different limits:
- Transaction limit to send money to an Airtel Payments Bank account: ₹1,00,000
- The transaction limit to send money to a non-Airtel Payments Bank account via NEFT: ₹1,00,000
- Transaction limit to send money to a non-Airtel Payments Bank account through IMPS: ₹1,00,000
- Total number of transactions that you can perform in a single month: 10,000
- Minimum cash amount that you can deposit into your account: ₹10
- The minimum cash withdrawal amount from your account: ₹10
- Minimum amount for transferring funds on the mobile app: ₹10
- The maximum amount of cash that you can deposit at an Airtel deposit bank: ₹1,00,000
- Maximum money you can add using the same debit card per day: ₹25,000
- The maximum amount of cash you can withdraw via a transaction: ₹25,000
To know a few more details about UPI transaction limit, this page will help you: https://www.airtel.in/assets/pdf/Schedule-of-Charges.pdf
How to increase the UPI limit?
Well, it is not possible for a consumer to increase or make any changes to the UPI limit. As we have mentioned above, the UPI limits have been standardised by the Government. Therefore, individual users do not have any control over the UPI limit per day. All users of UPI apps will have to adhere to the UPI daily limit guidelines as mandated by the NPCI.
What should be my go-to app for making payments?
Airtel Thanks app should be your first choice when it comes to choosing a payment app. Here is a list of things you can do with it:
- Use it as a recharge app, for making postpaid or prepaid recharges
- You can also use Thanks to pay your broadband, DTH, landline and other connection bills
- Utility bill payments such as electricity, gas charges, water bill and others can also be paid via Airtel Thanks
- It provides users with exclusive features and benefits. Moreover, you will even receive rewards that have been specifically curated to match your different needs.
- You even get access to a free version of Amazon Prime Video mobile edition for an entire month. This offer is only applicable for individuals who use Airtel Thanks to recharge their active Airtel number.
Aren’t these offers incredible? We suggest you download our Thanks app today and start making cashless payments right away!