Instagram reels and stories have become one of the most popular and engaging types of content due to several reasons. Some of them include quirky songs, short and catchy videos, and so forth. With these features, it has certainly become Instagram’s most addictive innovation so far. So, many people (including us) are often seen downloading and saving them on the platform. With an unlimited broadband connection, you can download as much as you wish.
In this section, we will help you understand how to download and save them on Instagram in detail below:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND SAVE INSTAGRAM REELS?
Online Downloading Tools
There are several online tools that allow you to download Instagram reels without the need to actually install an app or software on your smartphone.
Let us find out which online tools show you how to download reels from Instagram:
- Reels Downloader
Once you’ve downloaded the above-mentioned apps, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Open the reel you want to download and click on the three-dot icon
- Select the ‘Copy Link’ option
- Go to any of the mentioned online tools. For instance, open Instadp and click on the ‘Reels’ option on the website and paste the link to the copied reels
- Press on the ‘Download’ button and wait for the preview of the video
- Hit the big download button to download the Instagram reel.
Dedicated apps to download Instagram videos
Apart from online tools, there are also many dedicated apps that help you download Instagram reel videos. Some of them include Reels Saver and Video Downloader for Instagram.
So, download these two apps on your smartphone and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Copy the link of the reels you want to download
- Open any of the above apps and paste the link
- Hit the ‘Download’ button to save the reel to your phone
Bookmark Instagram Reels to download Instagram reels
Now, if you’re not willing or able to download the Instagram reels directly on your smartphone, don’t worry! There’s still a way. That’s right.
All you have to do is simply bookmark the reel with the steps mentioned below:
- Open the reel you want to save
- Select the three-dot icon
- Press the ‘Save’ option from the list.
To find the saved Instagram reels, go to your profile screen, press the three-bar icon, and choose ‘Saved.’ The saved reels will then instantly appear on your mobile screen.
Another simple yet useful hack that doesn’t really require any additional application or online tool is to download Instagram reels through stories.
Below are a few steps that will help you to download them using Instagram stories:
- Open the reels and press on the send/receive icon
- Go to ‘Add reel to your story.’ Once done, a preview screen will show up. If you want to download the video in full-screen, pinch-and-zoom
- Tap on download to save the reel video in your phone gallery
FOR INSTAGRAM STORIES:
It is a great option provided as a setting on the app, which allows you to activate an ‘Archive’ option that automatically saves all your stories.
To use this option, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open your Instagram account and go to the ‘Settings’ option
- Press ‘Archive’
- Select ‘Save story to archive’ (applicable for Android phones) or ‘Save to camera roll’ (applicable to Apple)
With these steps, you’ll be able to save your stories in the archive section every time you post something in Instagram stories.
Save Stories in Highlights
It is a recent upgrade of the Instagram stories, which allows you to create a ‘Highlights’ section on your Instagram profile after they’ve disappeared.
Here is how you can save an Instagram story in Highlights:
- Open the active story or go to Archives
- Click on saved stories
- Press to select the stories you want to include in the ‘Highlights’ section and hit ‘Next’
- Add a cover photo and story name for your highlights
- Press ‘Tap’
Share & Save Story as a Post
Now, with this option, you can quite easily share Instagram stories on your feed and basically save them to your account.
In order to do this and share an Instagram story as a post, follow the instructions given below:
- View the active story
- Select the three dots at the bottom of the story
- Press ‘Save’
- Choose the ‘Share as a post’ option
That’s it, the story photo or video will appear on your feed and can be easily seen on your follower’s feed, the same way as any other Instagram post!
There is no official Instagram-approved option to save or download other people’s stories and reels. But, if there are any specific reasons you want to do the same, try out our above-mentioned hacks. The tips mentioned above on how to download Instagram reels will serve your purpose quite well. Make the ful use of your unlimited wifi plans for home, only with Airtel and download it all. Thank us, later!