A credit card offers comfort and ease of payments. Furthermore, it is also another form of cashless payments. The icing on the cake is the fact that a credit card is accepted universally now. This just explains, the popularity of a credit card. Naturally, getting signed up for credit cards is quite simple too. However, having too many credit cards with you can prove to be a challenge. Moreover, people are actually advised not to possess multiple credit cards. In addition, there could also be many other reasons, all of which point to cancellation of the credit cards. There are no hassles when it comes to cancelling your credit card. However, you should remember that you need to follow the right steps while you are about to close a credit card.
Here’s our blog on how to proceed with your credit card cancellation.
How to close a credit card – factors to consider
Here are some factors that you need to remember before you cancel your credit card:
- One of the most important factors to consider is knowing whether you still use the credit card. In case, you use it rarely, and have multiple other cards at your disposal, then it just makes sense to cancel it.
- You need to ensure that all your pending bills are paid before you proceed to cancel the credit card.
- In addition, remember that you have to claim the various reward points. Reward points get accumulated over the course of time as you keep using your credit card. It usually has gift vouchers; discount offers and other benefits. If you don’t claim them, they will end up being wasted.
- Finally, it is necessary that you don’t make any purchases with the credit card once you have applied for its cancellation. Even if you try to make a purchase with the credit card, the bank will revoke your cancellation request.
Ways on how to close my credit card
Here are some useful ways on how to close a credit card or how to cancel a credit card:
Contact the customer care
You can always reach out to your bank’s customer care number. Inform them that you wish to close the credit card, and they will place a cancellation request on your behalf.
Write a request to the bank
Another way to cancel your credit card is to draft a credit card close application. In the request, you have to put in the card holder’s name, the card number, contact details and any other information that you deem is necessary. The application can be addressed towards the bank manager of the credit card issuing bank’s nearest branch.
Send an online credit card cancellation request
In addition to all these above mentioned methods, you can also send an application to get your credit card cancelled. The process here is quite simple too. Simply visit the credit card bank’s online website and look for the option where you can cancel the credit card. Next, you will be asked to fill up an online credit card cancellation form.
Once you have filled up all the necessary information in the form, click on submit. The bank will go through your information and cancel your credit card accordingly.
Here are some details that you should include in a cancel credit card request
The following information will be required to cancel your credit card. Therefore, when you are filling for cancellation, make sure you keep these close by.
- You need to mention the card name. Credit cards have names such as Manhattan, Platinum, and many others.
- Also, do not forget to include the cardholder’s name in the application. Write this name as you see it on the credit card.
- You will also have to mention your credit card number in the correct order in the application.
- Enter the expiry date of the card as well. Make sure you adhere to the format that is there on the credit card.
Looking to get a new credit card?
Well, if you are looking forward to getting a new credit card, then Airtel Thanks app can certainly help you. The Airtel Thanks bill payment app also provides with a credit card from Airtel Finance. But that’s not all.
With Airtel Thanks, mobile recharge, DTH bills, FASTag recharge, and utility bill payments become easy. It is an app that supports cashless transactions, and even lets you send money to your loved ones. Download the Airtel Thanks app to get a full overview of its many benefits. You will definitely be impressed.