If you’re an Insta addict, then you would surely know the importance of uploading stories/posts on Instagram! It is one of the best ways to keep your followers updated about anything and everything. You can either make your own Instagram stories or put up any other post/story on your Instagram story. Your Instagram story might have all the needed graphics, funny content, stickers, etc., but without music, it sometimes might look bland.
Therefore, Instagram’s feature of adding a song to an Instagram story is just perfect. This Insta feature allows users to add their favorite music to their stories. You can pick music from Instagram’s music library or put a music story from Spotify, SoundCloud, and Shazam.
Today’s article includes the steps on how to add music to Instagram stories using an Instagram library, Spotify, SoundCloud, and Shazam. So, let’s get started.
How to add music to an Instagram story? – Steps
Follow the below simple steps to add a song to the Instagram story:
- Open the Instagram app and choose a story to put. It can be a picture or a video. You can either take the picture or video in real-time or choose from your camera roll.
- When you are done editing other aspects of your story, tap on the sticker icon displayed on the top right of the screen.
- Now tap on the music sticker icon.
- A new screen will open. Here, you can browse through different types of music and songs. This is Instagram’s music library. You can also save a certain track for future use.
- Type the artist or song’s name to find the track for your story. Use the play button to hear a short clip.
- Once you have selected a song, just tap on it to add to the story.
- You will be back to the story page. Here, Instagram allows you to choose which part of the sound clip you wish to put for your story. The given time is 15 seconds. You can drag through the track to decide which part you want to put for the story.
- You can also change the music’s thumbnail by tapping on it. Some songs offer a ‘lyrics on screen’ feature too. Make your selection and tap on done.
- Additionally, you can adjust the size of the music sticker by pinching or expanding two fingers on the screen.
- If you are not happy with the look of your sticker, double-tap on it to readjust the image and size. Always tap done to save your changes and return to the story.
- When you are done with all the changes, tap on the ‘your story’ icon to post the story with music.
Note: You can also pin the music sticker to a moving person or object in the story video by holding it down on the sticker. The sticker will move with the person/object in the video. (Only possible for video stories)
This is how you can add a song to an Instagram story.
Related read: Tips & tricks to download Instagram reels & stories
Now, let’s see how you can add music to your Instagram story by using Spotify, SoundCloud, and Shazam.
How to add a song to an Instagram story using other music platforms?
Follow the below steps to add music to an Instagram story from the Spotify app:
- Open the Spotify app.
- Choose the track you wish to share as your Instagram story.
- Tap on the ellipsis icon.
- Now tap on the share option.
- Here, you will see various share options. Tap on Instagram and you will be taken to your Instagram story.
- Your selected track will appear with its cover art. Edit the story with stickers, icons, emojis, etc.
- Then post the story.
- Anyone who taps on your story will have the option to play the track on Spotify.
Similar set of steps can be followed for SoundCloud.
- Open the app.
- Choose a song.
- Tap on share > Instagram story.
- Edit the story and post it.
- The cover art will serve as a link to the song on SoundCloud.
The Shazam app also has a similar process on how to put music on Instagram stories. The only difference is you need the app to identify the song, then tap on More > Share > Instagram to use the song in the story.
We hope our guide for adding music to your Instagram story helped you. With this feature, you can make your stories more creative and worth watching. Content creators on Instagram can utilize this feature to attract a potential audience in the first few seconds of them viewing your Instagram story.
Remember you need a good broadband connection for editing and posting Instagram stories with music. If you don’t know the exact speed of your internet connection, run a net speed test online to check your wifi broadband’s speed.