According to the latest reports of 2022, Facebook is the most used online social networking website with roughly 2.93 million active users. Thanks to affordable wifi plans in the market, the number is rapidly growing. One of the most preferred platforms for social marketing campaigns, sharing creator content, and more, Facebook still doesn’t have an option which allows users to download videos and stories directly from the website.
Although, a few extensions and add-on software make it easy to download the videos from the platform. Today, we will discuss how to download Facebook videos on Android, Windows, iPhone, and Mac.
So, let’s get started.
How to download video from Facebook on mobile – in detail steps
Detailed steps for all devices to download videos and stories from Facebook.
How to download Facebook videos on Android?
Let’s start off with Android phones. There are many apps that help in downloading Facebook videos on an android phone. But, most of these apps have a poor UI and are not updated with latest security updates. These apps might also ask the user to sideload the video. Sideloading any video can compromise the security of your device. Therefore, the best way is to use the browser to download the Facebook video.
- Go to the Facebook video or story you wish to download. Open it on Facebook website or app.
- Now hit share and then click on copy link or copy the URL directly.
- Open another browser tab and type net. You should paste the copied URL on this page and click on download.
- You can also adjust the quality of the video on the next page.
- Click on Download Link or Save Video to save the video to your phone.
- The selected video will be available for offline watch in your downloads folder.
How to download Facebook videos on iPhone?
Given that app route for Apple devices is much more complicated, it’s better to use browser in this situation too.
- Open the Facebook video you wish to download and follow the same steps as Android (see above).
- You can’t use Safari or Chrome for opening fbdown.net as they don’t support downloading in Apple devices. Therefore, you need to open the webpage in Firefox.
- Paste the link on the webpage and click
- Now adjust the quality of the video – HD or normal and click on Download Link.
- Post that, you will need to go to browser’s download section. Tap on the video and click on Save Video.
- The video will be saved in the camera roll present in photos app.
How to download Facebook videos on PC?
There are 3 ways to download a Facebook video on PC. Either you can go for a website route, or you can use an external app or a browser add-on for the same. If you regularly download videos from Facebook, we suggest you use an external app or a browser add-on. If not, the website route is good enough to achieve the purpose.
Using the website route to download videos from Facebook on Mac and Windows PC
- Do a right click on the Facebook video you wish to download.
- Choose Copy video URL at current time from the drop-down.
- Now open a new tab and type fbdown.net.
- Once the page is loaded, you need to paste the copied video link wherever directed on the page. Click Download post pasting the link.
- Adjust the video quality on the next page between SD or HD.
- After the video quality is adjusted, right click on the video, and click on the option to save the Facebook video on your PC.
The steps work the same way for Mac and Windows computers.
Using an external app to download videos from Facebook on Mac and Windows PC
One of the best and most reliable apps you can use for downloading Facebook videos on your PC is 4K Video Downloader. We have talked about the same app in our guide to download 4K videos from YouTube. It works the same for Facebook videos. Moreover, the app supports multiple platforms like Windows, Linux, and Mac.
Let’s look at the steps involved.
- Head over to 4kdownload.com. Here, you need to download the 4K Video Downloader app.
- Once it’s downloaded, install the app on your PC.
- Now open Facebook in any browser and right click on the video you wish to save. Choose Copy video URL at current time.
- Open 4K Video Downloader app and paste the link.
- Choose the video quality and click on
- The video will soon be downloaded in your PC.
With these steps in mind, you can download any Facebook video easily on your mobile or PC. Just remember to connect the devices with a high speed internet connection for quick and uninterrupted downloads. Airtel Broadband can help you with high-speed round-the-clock internet.