One of the most important aspects of maintaining a good credit score is keeping a regular check. Yes, you heard that right! You need to check your credit score regularly to ensure it is updated on daily basis. Moreover, by keeping a regular check, you can spot any discrepancy early on before it damages your score.
The easiest way to check your credit score is through the credit bureau’s website. There are 4 credit bureaus in India who give credit ratings for individuals and companies both. CIBIL, Equifax, Highmark, and Experian are the 4 bureaus in India. The most popular one is CIBIL score. Most of the RBI approved banks go for CIBIL score before processing any loan. Experian and Equifax are also used by some of the banks for decision-making.
While there are many websites and applications which can be used to check your credit score, the best way to check credit score is by the bureau’s official website or app.
We will discuss detailed steps on how to check credit score online in this article. Let’s start with CIBIL score.
How to check credit score?
There are both free and paid versions to check your CIBIL score. The free version is available only for one time. If you regularly wish to check your CIBIL score, you need to take a paid version.
How to check credit score for free on CIBIL official website?
Follow the below steps to get a free CIBIL report:
- Open https://www.cibil.com/ on your phone or laptop.
- Right on the top, you will see a button “Get Free CIBIL Score & Report.” Click on it.
- If you don’t see this option on the top, scroll down to find ‘Self Service’ header.
- Here, click on Free Annual CIBIL Score & Report.
- Both options will redirect you to a new page to enroll and become a member for CIBIL. You will have to fill a form here.
- Enter your email address, password (need to create one), First and last name, ID type and number (Identity Proof number), DOB, Pin code, and mobile number in the given form.
- Once you complete the form, click on Accept & Continue.
- You will now receive an OTP on your mobile number. Type the OTP accurately and hit on Continue.
- And you have successfully enrolled. Click on ‘Go to Dashboard’ to check your free CIBIL score and report.
- Now, you will be redirected to a website myscore.cibil.com. Your CIBIL report will be mentioned here using easy infographics and other details.
- To see the detailed report, you might have to take a paid subscription.
Thanks to the ease that CIBIL’s website provides to check your CIBIL score, it is by far the best site to check credit score online.
Moving on, if you wish to check you Experian Credit score, you can use its official website, or an app called Onescore. Let’s discuss further about how to check Experian credit score.
How to check Experian credit score online for free?
- Visit https://www.experian.in/ to check your credit score.
- Locate ‘Free Credit score’ button at the top right of the screen. The placement of the button might be different in phones or tablets.
- Click on it.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Here, you need to fill in a small form with your full name, email address, mobile number, and OTP.
- Once you have entered this data, click on ‘Get Credit Report’.
- Now you will need to enter some more details like DOB, ID Type and number, Gender, Address, and PIN Code. Once done, tick on the checkbox to accept the T&C.
- Click on ‘Get Report.’
- You will be able to see your Experian report along with your complete report.
- If you wish to share it, you can download the report by scrolling down and clicking on the pdf button.
You can use the website to raise dispute for any discrepancy to get it resolved as soon as possible.
Similarly, you can check your Highmark and Equifax credit scores and reports from their official website. Now you know how to check credit score online. Remember to check it regularly and see detailed reports.
You can also download the Onescore app to check your CIBIL reports online. Policy Bazaar’s website also has accurate credit scores and reports. But lenders usually prefer reports from the official bureau’s website.
Looking for a personal loan?
If your credit score is ideal (between 750-900), you can use the Airtel Thanks app to apply for a personal loan from Airtel Finance. Pay back your credit amount with personal loan EMIs and fulfill your dreams!