According to a report by Statista, over 61 million credit cards were in use in India in 2021. Even with the pandemic, the numbers recovered quickly. Credit Cards have seen such a growth spurt over the last couple of years due to various benefits that the credit card companies offer their users. One of them is credit card bill payment cashback offers. Cashback on credit card bill payments can help users save money on every purchase made using the card. If you pay your credit card bills on time, your credit card can actually save a lot of your money. For instance: The Airtel Axis Card can save up to 18K/year in the form of cashbacks, discounts, rewards, and more.
Cashback can be earnt with a credit card in two ways:
- Real-time cashback against the purchase of an item (every credit card has tie-ups with companies to offer cardholders a certain percentage of cashback)
- Credit card bill payment cashback offers (There are many credit card bill payment apps that offer cardholders cashback for credit card bill payment)
Let’s talk about a few apps that offer cashback on paying credit card bills in India.
Credit Card bill payment apps in India
Here are some of the top credit card bill payment apps in India:
Paytm is one of the most popular payment apps in India, and it allows you to pay your credit card bills through the app. You can also earn cashback rewards when you pay your bills through Paytm.
Google Pay is another popular payment app that allows you to pay your credit card bills. You can also earn cashback rewards when you pay your bills through Google Pay.
PhonePe, is a UPI-based payment app that allows you to pay your credit card bills through the app. You can also earn cashback rewards when you pay your bills through PhonePe.
CRED is a credit card management app that allows you to pay your credit card bills and earn rewards. You can also track your expenses, get reminders for bill payments, and access exclusive offers and discounts on the app.
Mobikwik is a digital wallet app that allows you to pay your credit card bills and earn cashback rewards. You can also use the app to recharge your mobile, pay utility bills, and more.
These are some of the top credit card bill payment apps in India that you can use to pay credit card bills and get cashback.
Things to keep in mind to get credit card bill payment cashback offers
Follow these steps to get cashback on credit card bill payment:
- Check if your credit card provider offers cashback on bill payments. Many credit card companies offer various types of cashback rewards, including cashback on bill payments.
- Make your credit card bill payment on time and in full. Cashback rewards are usually given to customers who pay their bills on time and in full.
- Use the right payment method. Some credit card companies may offer additional cashback rewards for using a specific payment method. For example, you may get a higher cashback reward for paying through online banking or a mobile wallet.
- Check for promotional offers. Some credit card providers may run promotional offers from time to time, which can give you extra cashback on your bill payments. Be sure to check your credit card provider’s website or app for any such offers.
- Keep track of your rewards. Make sure to keep track of your cashback rewards, as they may expire or have certain limitations. You can usually check your rewards balance on your credit card provider’s website or the app.
Related read: What is minimum amount payment due in credit card? Let’s find out!
You can increase your chances of getting cashback on your credit card bill payment by following the above-mentioned pointers.
If you are looking for a credit card that gives maximum cashback, check out our Airtel Axis Credit Card.
Save up to 18K/year with Airtel Axis Credit Card
The Airtel Axis Credit Card is a co-branded credit card offered by Axis Bank in partnership with Airtel. It is designed to offer a range of benefits and rewards to Airtel customers. Here are some of the features and benefits of the Airtel Axis Credit Card:
The card offers a welcome bonus of Rs. 500 cashback.
The Airtel Axis Credit Card offers a rewards program where you can earn cashback rewards on your spending. You can earn 5% cashback on Airtel recharges and bill payments, 4% cashback on other utility bill payments, and 2% cashback on all other spends.
Discounts and Offers
The card provides discounts and offers on dining, shopping, and travel. You can get discounts on partner merchants such as MakeMyTrip, Myntra, and Swiggy.
Airport Lounge Access
The Airtel Axis Credit Card offers airport lounge access with a complimentary priority pass membership. You can avail up to 4 free lounge visits per year.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
The card offers a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on fuel transactions.
The card comes with a contactless payment feature, which allows you to make payments quickly and securely by simply tapping your card on the payment terminal.
Overall, the Airtel Axis Credit Card offers a range of benefits and rewards for Airtel customers, making it a good choice for those looking for a credit card that offers cashback rewards and other perks. So, just pay your credit card bill and earn cashback for maximum savings on your card spending!
Also read: Best Credit Cards for Beginners in India