Every credit card comes with a set limit decided by the issuer after careful consideration of your previous credit history and report. The user can use the credit card only for the set limit. If you are a credit card user, you probably knew this already! However, did you know that you can increase your credit card limit quite easily? An increased credit card limit can help you finance some of the big-ticket items you have been eyeing for a long time.
This article will guide you on the ways to increase your credit limit. Keep reading!
Ways to increase credit card limit
There are certain factors that determine your credit card limit. Use these tips to get a high limit on your credit card!
- Request for an increase in credit limit
- Offer relevant information
- Work on your credit score
- Annual increase offered by the credit card issuer
Request for an increase in credit limit
The easiest way to increase your credit card limit is just to ask the issuer to review your credit history and increase the limit for your card. If your previous credit card payments have been on time and utilization is optimum, the limit should be increased by the bank.
Make sure you are not applying for multiple credit cards if you have plans to get a high limit on your credit card.
Offer relevant information
If you have recently got a bonus or a salary hike, you should offer this relevant information to the credit card company. You can ask the issuer to increase the credit card limit to match your new financial status or offer you a better or premium card with a higher limit. You can also put your savings in one bank account and use it as proof to get a better limit on your credit card.
Work on your credit score
Your credit score is an indication of your creditworthiness. A good credit score can help you negotiate a better credit limit from your issuer. Pay your EMIs on time and keep your credit utilization under 30% to help you.
Annual increase offered by the credit card issuer
Most credit card issuers offer an annual increase in the limit. Make sure you have paid your outstanding balance in full to become eligible for the hike in credit limit.
Keep these pointers in mind to increase the limit on your credit card. And, if you are looking for a new credit card, the Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card is one of the best in the market.
Airtel Credit Card – super saver card with a good limit and offers
The Airtel Credit Card is the latest credit card in the market. It can help you save up to 18K every year just with its plethora of cashback, discounts, and offers.
Related read: How to Get Cashback on Credit Card Bill Payment?
Here’s a list of benefits:
- 25% cashback on Airtel bills and recharges
- 10% cashback on select food and lifestyle apps (Big Basket, Swiggy, Zomato)
- 10% cashback on payments via the Airtel Thanks app
- 1% unlimited cashback on offline and online purchases
- Complimentary Airport Lounge – 4 times a year
- 1% surcharge waiver (up to Rs. 500) on fuel per month
- 15% off twice a month on EazyDiner (up to Rs. 500)
Annual Fee Waiver:
- First-year fee waived off and second year Rs. 500 fees waived off for yearly spends above Rs. 2 lakhs
How to apply for an Airtel Credit Card?
It’s quite easy to apply for an Airtel credit card. Follow the below steps:
- Download the Airtel Thanks app
- Head to the shop section in the app
- Tap on financial services
- Now explore the Airtel credit card
- Enter your details
- If approved, complete the verification process to finish your application
These are some of the benefits of an Airtel credit card. So, make your payments on time to get a higher limit on your credit card.