Twitter is one of the most buzzing social media platforms. A platform for Elon Musk to announce his bizarre and impulsive ideas, a crowd for cryptocurrency, a place for getting yourself heard, Twitter is always starting a new chain of ideas, some progressive and some controversial. The content shared on Twitter is diverse. And if as a user, a video has connected a chord with you, you would want to share it with others! Although, many of your friends or family members might not be active on Twitter. Therefore, you can download Twitter videos for them.
In that case, the option to download a video and share it across easily is a remarkable option. Unfortunately, Twitter doesn’t allow users to download any video content from their platform. Screen recording is an option. But, it has its own limitations.
What if we tell you there’s still a way to download Twitter videos easily!
Ways to download
Here are a few steps you can follow to download Twitter videos on your PC or laptop.
Download on your PC/Laptop
There’s an app or a tool for everything today! If you are wondering how to download Twitter videos on your PC, we can suggest a perfect tool for you.
Save Tweet Vid or Twitter Video Downloader
The above two web applications make the download process extremely easy. These web apps will help you to download Twitter videos and GIFs easily on both your computer and phone.
How do these web apps work?
To give you some context, the videos on Twitter are embedded in the tweet, hence, they can’t be downloaded easily from the app. These web applications extract the video links from the tweet and give you an option to save the videos on your devices.
- Open your Twitter account and look for the video you want to download to your device.
- Now you need to get the link of the tweet which contains the particular video.
You can get the link or URL by clicking on the tweet and copying it from the address bar of the web browser.
Or you can click on the 3-dot menu below the video and then click on ‘copy link to tweet’. Post that, do a right click on the URL and copy the address.
- After copying the URL, go to either Twitter Video Downloader or Save Tweet Vid platform and paste the URL here.
There will be an address bar right on top and front in these web applications.
- Now click on ‘download’ button present at the bottom of the screen.
You will also have the option to select the resolution of the video here. Your video will be downloaded. The speed of the download on the broadband connection you have. We recommend you download these videos using your wifi connection only.
Download from Twitter into your Android phone
If you wish to download Twitter videos on your Android phone, there’s another mobile app you can try out.
The Download Twitter Videos – Twitter video downloader is rated 4.5 on Google Play store and already has 1Cr+ downloads.
- Head over to the tweet which has the video you wish to download.
- Now you need to click on the share button and copy the URL/link to that particular tweet.
- Post that, open the Download Twitter Videos mobile app. You will see a bar to paste the URL/link. Paste the link there.
- Now hit the download button. The download link will complete in some time.
When it comes to iOS phones, the process might be similar. But the apps used for the same are different.
Download videos from Twitter on your iOS phone
You need to start off the process by first downloading Documents by Readle and My Media application on your iPhone.
Further steps involved
- As mentioned above, find the tweet with the video you wish to download on Twitter.
- Click on the share button and easily copy the link for the tweet from the address bar.
- Now you need to open Documents by Readle or My Media application on your iPhone.
- The apps will have a browser icon. It will be located at the bottom right corner of the page. Tap on the icon. You will be redirected to an in-app browser.
- Now use the in-app browser to open this It is for the Twitter video downloader web app.
- Follow the same steps as mentioned above under PC/Laptop header. You will need to paste the link in the address bar and click on download button. A new link will come up for download. Tap on it. Your download will start. You will also get the option to rename the video.
The process doesn’t get over here. The downloaded video will only be saved on the app. You will have to open the same in the mobile app and tap on save to camera roll to finally download/save the Twitter video on your iPhone.
You can also check about other methods to explore more options. Although, these options work well for users.