FAQs – FASTag
1. What is FASTag?
FASTag is a RFID enabled device that can be used to make electronic payments at tolls. It is affixed on the windscreen of the vehicle and enables you to pass through the toll without waiting or paying by cash. FASTag would be made mandatory for toll payments at all National Highways from December 15, 2019.
2. What is FASTag cashback offer with Airtel Thanks?
Airtel Thanks brings a special cashback offer for FASTag:
For Airtel Thanks Platinum and Gold members:
Cashback of Rs. 150 on purchase of Airtel Payments Bank FASTag
You can check your membership details, install Airtel Thanks App
3. Is it valid for all Airtel customers?
This is valid only for All Airtel Thanks Platinum and Gold members. You can check your Platinum or Gold membership status in Airtel Thanks App.
4. How can I avail this offer?
Here are the steps to avail the offer:
- Download and login to Airtel Thanks App from app store
- Click on Discover Airtel Thanks on the Home Page
- Click on Airtel Payments Bank FASTag banner in the reward section
- Complete the journey and payment process
- You will receive a cashback in your Airtel Payments Bank wallet/account post successful payment
- Your vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) would be verified within 6-8 working days
Please Note: You can purchase FASTag through Airtel Thanks app only for Vehicle Class 4 i.e. for Car/Jeep/Van
5. How many times can I avail this offer?
You can avail the cashback offer only once per user.
Please Note: If you have already received cashback for purchase of FASTag through Airtel Payments Bank, you would not be eligible for this cashback
6. I have two connections and both has Airtel Thanks App. Can I avail the offer benefits twice?
You can avail this offer only once with every unique Airtel Payments Bank wallet/savings account. This means for 2 different numbers on Airtel Thanks App, you can avail the benefit on both the numbers.
7. Is there any validity for availing this offer?
This is a limited time offer till 15th December, 2019. You can avail this offer only till the time it is being displayed on your Airtel Thanks app.
8. How will I know the status of the offer?
Once the payment is completed, you will receive the cashback. RC of the vehicle would be validated in 6-8 working days. The FASTag would be delivered to the provided address in 21 working days. You can check the status by clicking on the FASTag banner under Discover Airtel Thanks rewards section
9. Will I get charged anything extra?
You need to purchase FASTag through Airtel Thanks App.
The price break-up for purchasing FASTag is:
- Tag Cost: Rs.100 inclusive of GST
- Refundable Security Deposit: Rs. 200
- Minimum Balance: Rs. 150
Please Note: The minimum balance would be a part of the FASTag account. This amount would be used for toll transactions if there’s no balance in the main account. Customer has to maintain minimum balance in their account to avoid blacklisting of their tag. The security amount is fully refundable and can be claimed if the customer submits a deactivation request
10. How much time does the cashback take to reflect in Airtel Payments Bank wallet/account?
The cashback should be processed within 72 hour of successful payment.
11. Will the payment be refunded in case of unsuccessful vehicle RC verification?
You will be refunded the payment amount minus the cashback processed as part of the Airtel Thanks offer.
12. What is the government mandate about FASTag?
The Ministry has proposed the following actionable:
- FASTag would be made mandatory for toll payments at all National Highways from December 15, 2019
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has decided to declare all lanes in all toll fee plazas on national highways across the country as dedicated 'FASTag lanes' from 15th of December this year
- All lanes at toll plaza would be FASTag enabled, and there would be a single hybrid lane for cash payments.
- Non- FASTag users would be charged double the fee if they pass through FASTag only lanes
13. What are the benefits of using FASTag?
FASTag is read by the tag reader at the plaza and the toll amount is deducted automatically, when the vehicle approaches the toll plaza.
Customers can avoid long queues at toll plazas and do away with the hassle of paying cash.
Customer can avail 2.5% cashback on toll transactions on national highways during FY19-20
14. Where all can I use FASTag?
FASTag is presently operational at 500+ toll plazas across national and state highways. More toll plazas will be brought under the FASTag program in the future. You may see the list of plazas here https://www.airtel.in/bank/FASTag
15. Is there any discount/cashback on toll payments using FASTag?
You can avail cashback of 2.5% on all Toll payments at the national highways only, using FASTag till March 2020. The cashback amount for a particular month will be credited back to your FASTag account in the subsequent month
16. What are the documents needed to apply for FASTag?
You need to have active Airtel Payments Bank Savings Account or Wallet to apply for FASTag. Also, you need to submit Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle & Vehicle Registration number.
17. What are the charges for FASTag?
FASTag has a onetime Fee of Rs. 100 including GST. The refundable security deposit depends on the vehicle type. Please check the Fees and Charges section at https://www.airtel.in/bank/FASTag
18. What is the Validity of the FASTag?
The FASTag validity is for 5 years and after purchasing, you only need to recharge or top up FASTag as per your requirement.
19. I have two vehicles. Can I use one FASTag for two vehicles?
No. You will need to take two separate FASTag for each vehicle
20. Do I need to use any specific lane at the toll plaza for FASTag?
Yes, you will have to use the lanes demarcated for FASTag users.
21. How would I know that the correct user fee has been deducted from my FASTag account?
You will receive an SMS alert on your registered mobile number every time money is deducted from your FASTag account. Also you can check your FASTag transaction history
22. How would I report an incorrect deduction and how will I get back the same?
You can report incorrect deduction to the Customer Care Helpline number mentioned on the FASTag. FASTag team will investigate the matter and if found incorrect, will reverse the deducted amount to the account
23. How would I pay if the ETC equipment at Toll plaza are not working?
In case the ETC equipment are not working, you will have to pay cash at the toll plaza. Additionally, you can call the helpline no. and report the issue
24. I have FASTag and also balance amount, but I could not go through ETC lane. How do I get my FASTag checked whether balance is deducted or not?
You can raise a request regarding the same by calling our helpline no. 400
25. How do we know whether my FASTag is active or not?
You can check your FASTag status on Airtel Thanks app. Alternatively, you may also call our helpline no. 400.
26. How can I recharge my tag account?
You can load money into your linked Airtel Payments Bank account/wallet using internet banking/ credit card/ debit card, UPI from Airtel Thanks app or from internet banking. Post successful loading into your account, Minimum balance will be blocked for FASTag.
27. Are there any other charges applicable like convenience fees etc.?
There may be additional charges associated with recharging of the FASTag account through different channels. Please check Fees and Charges section at https://www.airtel.in/bank/FASTag
28. What do I have to do if I have lost/ damaged my RFID Tag? What will happen to the account balance?
Please call our Helpline No. 400 or 8800688006 for replacement of the FASTag. The new tag issued to you will be linked to your old tag account and relevant balance amount will be transferred in the new tag.
29. How do I block my FASTag account, in case my vehicle is lost?
You can call up our Helpline No. 400 or 8800688006 to block your FASTag account.
30. Can FASTag be used for passage through toll plazas on the state highways?
FASTag can be used on all toll plazas where it has been implemented. You can check the list of Plazas in Active Toll Plazas section https://www.airtel.in/bank/FASTag
31. I reside within 10 km of a particular toll plaza. Do I need to take FASTag to get the concessions available for local vehicles?
You will need to submit your documents to the concessionaire validating your residence within 10km of a particular plaza. Once it is verified, you may avail the concession on the FASTag assigned to your vehicle
32. In case of harassment/ misconduct/ discourteous/ rude behavior of toll collection staff, what should we do?
In case of such a scenario, a complaint is to be lodged with respective Project Directors at the toll plaza
33. Is FASTag balance separate from my linked account?
FASTag balance will be part of your linked account/wallet balance. Minimum FASTag balance amount will be blocked in your linked account for FASTag.
34. From which account my balance will be deducted from FASTag transactions?
Amount will be debited from your linked account/wallet. In case your Account/wallet balance is less than toll payment amount, money will be debited from your FASTag minimum balance amount.
35. When will my tag be blacklisted?
In case your balance is less than FASTag minimum balance amount, your tag will be blacklisted at NPCI end. You need to maintain minimum balance amount in order to keep your tag active.