Your mobile data is one of the most important parts of your smart phone. We live in the era of mobile broadband and 4G. Many users depend on high-speed mobile data to conduct their office and personal online activities. From joining a meeting on the move to ordering groceries or watching their favourite movies, smart phones usually run on mobile data. You need check data balance regularly to keep a track of your mobile data.
Therefore, it is important for us to recharge our mobile phones with sufficient data. First, you need to learn how to check Airtel data balance for your mobile data to set a data limit and never be offline! Imagine being on road using Google maps and your data runs out! You will be stuck in an unknown place without any resources to find your way back home. Most of the people use Google maps on road trips to remote locations.
A one-hour long road trip uses around 36MB of data. Therefore, if you are going on 5-6 hours of a road trip, you will need at least 300MB of data. Plus, you will also need internet to stay online, listen to songs, and more! If you are an Airtel user, you need to learn how to check data balance in Airtel app for being prepared.
Ways to check data balance in Airtel
How to check data balance in Airtel via Thanks app
As an Airtel user, we recommend you keep Airtel Thanks app in your smart phone to manage all your Airtel services including checking data balance and doing a data recharge easily. You can link your BHIM UPI with the app to make the payments for the services.
- Download the Airtel Thanks app. Use Google Play store for Android phones and iOS store for Apple phones.
- Post downloading the app, you need to register yourself. You can do the same by entering your registered number. Your number will get an OTP. Please copy the same and enter correctly. Ignore the first 2 steps, if you already have the app and are registered with the same.
- Next, you will learn how to check data balance in Airtel Thanks app. If you have an already active data plan, you will see its details reflected on the home page.
- If you use only one Airtel service, stay on the ‘Manage’ page to check the data balance. Here, you will see a recharge dashboard.
The recharge dashboard includes the type of connection along with your number.
Example: Prepaid | 720XXXXXXX
Under this, you can see the following options:
- Daily Data Left
- Unlimited Calls
Or if you use multiple Airtel services like prepaid, broadband, DTH, etc. Your services will be clubbed under a small tab on the top left of the ‘Manage’ page. Once you click on the tab you will be redirected to a new page. Here, you will be able to check for data balance under the prepaid connection services section.
If you have done a truly unlimited recharge, you usually get a certain limit of data per day. The ‘Daily Data Left’ option will tell you how much of data is left for the day. Let’s say you have daily limit of 1 GB. If you have used 600 MB through the day, the remaining 400 MB will be reflected in the recharge dashboard.
How to check data balance in Airtel via USSD code
You can also make use of USSD codes to see how much data is left in your daily or monthly allowance. Here’s how:
- Open the phone app on your phone
- Type in *121#5 and press on the call button
- Wait for a few seconds and then you will be able to see all the details of the remaining data balance pop up on your phone.
How to Check Data Balance in Airtel from Website
If you want to check the data balance in Airtel SIM from the website, you can do so as well. Just click on the following link: https://www.airtel.in/s/selfcare?normalLogin and you will be able to access all your Airtel connections from one place.
We hope now you know how to check data balance in Airtel Thanks app. So, you can keep track of your data usage and know the right time to do a data booster online recharge. Furthermore, you can also use the Thanks app to get a fiber broadband connection, DTH connection and even port number. Hence, download the app today itself!