Our smartphones are getting more and more handy, with every passing day. So have the QR codes if you look at it. At the very basic level, QR codes are nothing but just an advanced form of a regular bar code. Yet, their applications can be immense, and are now seen almost wherever you go. The sight of a QR code might confuse you, we get that. Anybody can get worried to look at a patch of black dots within a rectangular patch. However, these QR codes can be extremely easy to use, to be completely frank. Here’s a blog to help you out if you are always wondering how to scan QR code.
Here are the steps that you need to follow if you want to know how to scan QR code in mobile. Furthermore, you wouldn’t even have to use a 3rd party app with these. Just your default phone camera will be enough.
How to scan QR code with camera on my iPhone?
If you are eager to know the ways on how to scan QR code in camera on your iPhone, then here is what you need to do.
- Unlock your iPhone and open the camera app first.
- If you do not see the QR code icon in the Control Centre of your phone, then you will have to open Settings.
- Now go to Control Centre.
- Click on Customise Controls.
- Under the More Controls section, you will find the QR code scanner.
- Make sure that you enable it.
- Now, while you are scanning the code, do notice the camera angle and distance from the code. An ideal angle will help you scan the code faster. In ideal cases, a straight up approach is the best.
- Once you point the camera and the code gets read, you will be redirected to the link on the QR code.
Thus, now the QR code scanner is accessible very easily. Just swipe down from the top of your screen and you will be able to see it readily. Thus, as you can see, the procedure to scan QR code iPhone is extremely easy.
How to scan QR code with camera on my Android phone?
Follow these steps to scan QR code with camera on your Android device:
- Every Android phone comes pre-equipped with Google Assistant.
- Hence, you will have to activate Google Assistant on your phone first. To do so, you can either long press the home button or just say ‘Okay, Google’ to your smartphone.
- After that, press on the Google Lens icon. The camera will open for you, and you can use the QR code from here.
However, if you have a Samsung or a Google Pixel device, then you are in luck! Samsung’s devices come in-built with Bixby, their very own AI assistant. Bixby is extremely capable and has multiple features. Scanning QR codes easily is amongst them. So is the case with the Google Pixel phones. On Google Pixel, simply point the camera towards the QR code and you will see the link appear on your home screen. Click on the link and you will be redirected to the respective website within seconds.
Use third party apps if your phone software is not compatible
In ideal cases, you will really not need to use a third party app to scan the QR codes. That is because most modern devices, and their software packages are advanced enough to read these codes. However, in case you have an iOS device with iOS 10, or an Android phone up to Android 7, then you need to get a third party app. If you can, then we suggest upgrading your phone’s software to the latest version. It would help you out in a lot of cases.
Download Airtel Thanks to make instant QR code payments
How many times have you been to grocery stores and seen people making instant payments with an UPI app? Probably numerous, considering how popular these apps are now. If you wanted to check out this technology, then there’s no better way to use it other than getting the Airtel Thanks app.
Downloading the Airtel Thanks app is easy too. Once you have installed the app, simply use the scanner in the app to make your payments. But wait, that is not the only benefit of getting the app. You can easily make FASTag recharge, DTH bill payments, prepaid or postpaid bills and so much more.
Airtel Thanks app also makes utility bill payments easier – electricity bill payment, water bills, gas cylinder booking and more. To experience all these benefits, download the app right away!