The dependency on smartphones has increased by leaps and bounds over the years. Its salient features elevate the viewers’ experience by all means. You get stereo speakers, O-LED panels, higher refresh rates and more. However, despite all these advancements, it still doesn’t match the experience of watching content on TV. But, what if we told you that you can use screen mirroring to view your phone’s content on the TV screen? Thinking how to screen mirror phone to TV? Do not worry, this blog will cover all the aspects of it.
Let us understand what screen mirroring is first.
What is screen mirroring?
The idea behind screen mirroring is quite easy, and even a person from a non-tech background will understand it quite easily. First of all, screen mirroring is also known as casting. Most of the modern-day smartphones are equipped with this feature. It helps you to transfer the content on your smartphone to the TV, wirelessly.
Therefore, you can see your social media feeds, photos on your mobile and other platforms on the TV. Isn’t that quite amazing?
Screen mirroring Android to TV
Here are the steps on how to mirror phone on TV. However, kindly remember that this process is only for your Android devices. For Apple devices, the steps are mentioned later below.
- On your Android smartphone, swipe down to reveal the notifications and quick toggle options. Here, you may access the Screen Cast button. If not, you will have to activate it from your settings.
- Now, make sure you turn on Screen Cast on your smartphone and check if the smart TV is being recognised.
- Next, tap your TV name from the Screen Cast drop-down list. Your screen mirroring will now begin.
Well, wasn’t that quite easy and effortless? Also, remember that the screen mirroring feature is only available on Android 5.0 devices and later ones.
Screen mirror iPhone to TV
In the current market, Android Smart TVs are extremely popular. However, casting from your iOS phone to the Android TV can be a bit of a challenge. Regardless, there are third party apps that you can install to ensure you are able to cast easily.
Here are some apps you can install:
- Streamer, if your TV supports Google Chromecast
- Screen Mirror, which is also for a TV that supports Chromecast
- AirBeam TV
There are many other apps that allow your iPhone to cast your Android TV. So, it really isn’t much of an issue when you think about it.
All about smart TV
There lies a catch here when it comes to screen casting. You also need to have a smart TV in order to cast your content on the TV. Now, purchasing an entirely new smart TV set just for this one feature can sound a bit over-the-top.
In addition, modern-day smart TVs can be incredibly expensive, and hence out of your budget too. So, what can we do in such a scenario? The answer is easy. Simply choose an Airtel Xstream android box for yourself. Amongst its plethora of features, screen casting is one of them. The set top box comes with Chromecast built in, so you need not worry at all.
But its benefits merely do not stop there. Here are a few more that can definitely prove to be quite handy for you.
- The Airtel Xstream android set top box costs only a small fraction of what you would spend on a new smart TV.
- You can now binge watch the latest shows on your TV. The set top box supports OTT platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar and others.
- It also gives you access to a massive set of apps on the Google Play Store. These apps have been designed for an immersive experience on the Android TV and you can take full advantage of it too.
- Furthermore, normal channels are available too. Yes, OTT is much in demand today, but so do people like watching their serials, news channels and more. With more than 500 channels available to you, make use of it however you want to.
With an Android smart set top box in your room, your house will transform itself. So, don’t worry about how to screen mirror to TV anymore. Now is the right time to get the Airtel Xstream android box.