Are you wondering where to find your UPI ID? Don’t worry! You’re not alone. How to find UPI ID is a very common question.
Many people often struggle to get their UPI ID on digital payment apps. It can be difficult to spot the UPI ID on these apps (if someone is not aware of it). But hey, relax. We are here to help!
Let us help you understand how to find UPI ID on popular apps like Airtel Thanks, Google Pay, and Paytm below:
How to Find UPI ID on Airtel Thanks?
In 2019, Airtel Thanks enabled open-loop BHIM UPI payments, making it possible for every user to make digital payments for goods and services. But hey, the catch here is you need to first create a UPI ID for making these BHIM payments over mobile phones.
Let us help you understand how to generate a UPI PIN on Airtel Thanks:
- Enter your mobile number to register on the app
- Go to the ‘Banking’ section and fill out your bank details
- Link a bank account to the app
- Wait to receive a password on your device
- After you’ve got it on the phone, submit it for verification. Then, your UPI ID will automatically be created by Airtel Thanks
Once your UPI ID is created, you need to know the upi id to send and receive money through Airtel Thanks.
Let us understand how to find your upi id below:
- Open the Airtel Thanks app on your cellular device
- Select the ‘Pay’ option from the bottom of your mobile screen
- View your UPI ID at the top of the screen
After you’ve found your UPI ID, you can proceed to make money transfers by either entering your personal ID or scanning the QR code.
We’ve compiled a couple of steps below that will help you understand how to send money in both these ways. So, come, let’s find out below:
How To Send Money with a UPI ID?
- Open the app on your mobile phone
- Go to the ‘Pay’ tab below
- Select the ‘Send Money’ option
- Choose the contact of the person you wish to transfer money to
- Enter the amount and press ‘Pay Now’
- Wait to receive a text message confirming the details of your money transfer
How To Send Money by Scanning A QR Code?
- Open Airtel Thanks app and scroll down
- Click on the ‘Pay’ button
- Choose ‘Scan QR Code’
- Press ‘Allow Access’ on the screen
- Scan the code and make the payment
In addition to Airtel Thanks, there are also other apps like Google Pay and BHIM app that allow UPI payments. So, create a UPI ID while logging into the apps and find out the ID with these steps mentioned below:
How to Find UPI ID on Other Apps?
Commonly known as GPay, Google Pay is a popular platform that allows UPI transactions, such as money transfers, bill payments, online recharge, etc. by entering UPI IDs. Yes, that’s correct!
If you’re using GPay for making these payments, you need to know your UPI ID. So, come, let us help you understand how to check upi id on GPay below:
- Open the app and enter the Google Pin
- Click on your profile icon from the top right corner
- Press the ‘Bank Account’ option
- Select the bank for which you want to know the UPI ID. For instance, if HDFC Bank is one of the accounts in your option, click on it
- View the UPI ID on the screen
Developed by the National Payments Corporation of India, the BHIM app is another UPI-based app, designed to encourage cashless transactions. So, you need to set a UPI PIN first at the time of registration.
Once you’ve set the PIN, you need to know what it is for future transactions.
Let us help you find out your UPI PIN on the BHIM app:
- Log in to the app with a four-digit passcode
- Scroll down to find your profile at the bottom
- View the UPI ID on the screen along with the QR code
These above-mentioned steps will guide you to find your UPI ID on different payment apps. So, what are you waiting for? Try them out right now and carry out your UPI transactions with ease. Hurry!