Airtel Digital TV is one of the best ways to watch your favourite channels on TV. Given that there are new channels added regularly, you might want to change or add those channels in your DTH package. Also, having an option to remove channels will help you to make room for new channels and still stay in your DTH budget.
With us, you can easily add and remove channels from your DTH package in multiple ways. We will be discussing how to add or remove channels in Airtel DTH in detail further on.
How to add a channel in Airtel DTH?
We are adding new SD (Standard Definition) and HD (High Definition) channels to our already long list of DTH channels. Follow these steps to add a new channel in Airtel DTH.
Airtel DTH add channel using SMS
One of the easiest ways to add channels is by sending an SMS requesting for addition of a new channel. For this step, you need to know the channel number of the channel you wish to add. You can find the same by going through your DTH channels on TV or search online. Make sure the number is allotted for Airtel Digital TV.
- Type ADD <Channel Number> and send it to 54325
- Remember to send this SMS using your registered mobile number
- The channel will be added to your DTH package.
For adding channels without registered phone number
Let’s say you are unable to send the SMS to add channel from your registered number. You can follow the below steps to send a channel addition request with a non-registered number.
- SMS ADD <Channel number> <Customer ID> to 54325. If you don’t know your customer ID, refer to our other related blogs
- Post SMS, you will receive an OTP on your registered number. You need to send the OTP in this format to 54325 – Top <OTP> from the same not registered number
- You will receive a confirmation text. Post that, the channel will be added to your DTH package
Add channels using your Airtel Digital TV
Your TV can also assist you to manage your account.
- Switch on your TV and use the DTH remote to put channel number 998. The 998 channel is used to manage your DTH account
- A new ‘Help’ page will load. Please use the directional keys on your remote to reach ‘Add Channels’ tab on the page
- Click on it. Now follow the given instructions one by one. You will receive a confirmation code on your TV screen. You need to send the code to 54325 to add the channel
- The channel will be added to your subscribed channel list
Add a channel using the Airtel Thanks app
You can also use the Thanks app if you are looking for ways on how to add channel to Airtel DTH set top box. Let’s see how easy it is to add a channel using the Thanks app.
- Open your Airtel Thanks app. Click on the ‘Services’ tab
- Now navigate to the DTH section. Enter your customer ID if asked
- You will see an ‘Add channel’ option in your next window. There will be 3 options: VAS, Broadcaster, and A-la-carte. If you wish to add a single channel, click on A-la-carte
- Now find your preferred channel and select the same
- Hit on ‘confirm’ or ‘proceed’ and make payment for the channel
- The new channel will be added to your plan within sometime
How to remove channel from Airtel DTH?
Now that you know how to add new channel in Airtel DTH set top box, let’s also look at how to remove channel in Airtel DTH. The steps are mostly similar with a few changes.
Airtel DTH channel remove using SMS
- Type REM <Channel number> and send to 54325. You need to write the channel number of the channel you wish to remove from your list
- You will get a confirmation message post this text. Confirm the same and the channel will be removed from your subscribed list
If your registered number is unable to send a text, use the same format but add your customer ID in the SMS. The rest of the steps are similar to add channel steps.
You can also remove a channel from your Airtel DTH online from the Airtel official website. Login using your registered number, or your customer ID. Navigate to the DTH section and click on ‘Manage TV Channels’. Now click on ‘Edit current plan’ and select the channel you wish to remove. Thereafter, click on Confirm post reviewing the change summary. Thus, the channel will be removed from your plan.
If you do run through some issues with the process, you can call DTH customer care and get your issue resolved quickly.