We all have a SIM card inside our smartphones and sometimes, we often use two at the same time. We have often seen how it looks as well, especially when we try to insert one of these tiny cards into our phone’s slots.
The importance of the SIM card cannot be ignored, especially in these times, when phone calls and mobile phone data have become so well integrated into our daily lives.
Getting a new SIM card is easy – all you have to do is carry your relevant documents to the store, provide all the necessary information and you can get your new SIM activated in a matter of hours.
But carrying a physical SIM card can end up posing a lot of challenges, and that’s why you should upgrade to an eSIM today!
Unique Features of an eSIM
The eSIM is a powerful tool that has been designed to help out the consumers. It does not need a slot inside your smartphone and is one of the recent developments that came out as a part of the push on Internet of Things (IoT).
The most unique feature of an eSIM is that it does not exist in the physical form. You can simply download it over the internet, with support from Airtel. The main advantage of getting an eSIM is that you do not have to handle a physical SIM card anymore.
Advantages of an eSIM over a Regular SIM card
When you buy yourself a new smartphone, you need not take the card out from one device and put it on another, when you have an eSIM with you. In addition, this new SIM card also removes the risk of physically damaging your sim, losing it, or just getting it stolen.
If you have an eSIM and wish to switch over from your existing network operator to Airtel, then you can do it simply with the touch of a button. No need to visit an Airtel store and getting a prepaid plan sim card, carry photocopies of your documents and take part in the rest of the verification process.
You can seamlessly avoid all those formalities and jump into Airtel’s flawless network. Choose an Airtel eSIM today and experience incredible mobile reception wherever you go, blazing fast 4G internet speed, minimal call drops and much more.
How to Get my Airtel eSIM?
These quick and easy steps will help you get your new Airtel eSIM for your smartphone:
- To initiate the process of getting the eSIM, send an SMS to 121 with ‘eSIM<>registered email id’
- If you have a valid email ID, then you will receive an SMS from 121 which will confirm that the process has started. Reply back to this SMS with ‘1’ within 60 seconds.
- In case your email ID is not valid, then a message from 121 will inform you about the same and will also guide you on how you can change your email ID
- Next, you will receive a QR code on your email ID, which has to be scanned immediately through your phone camera
- Thereafter, you will get another SMS from 121 that asks for your consent over a phone call, to carry forward with the eSIM activation process
- The activation of the eSIM will take around 2 hours
Note: Keep in mind that the QR code scanning process for your eSIM varies from smartphone to smartphone. Thus, you can visit the Airtel eSIM website to understand the entire process better.
The eSIM feature provides its own set of unique advantages, and if you are thinking of getting a new one, then make the switch today and explore the future of SIM cards right away!