It is no big secret that we are heavily dependent on our smartphones. They have an integral role to play in our daily lives, and life would be quite difficult without them. Now, one of the most important features in our mobile phones is the ability to make normal phone calls. In addition, mobile data is also quite helpful. Both of these combine to make smartphones special. Naturally, it would be quite worrisome if somehow your phone showed up the message of ‘SIM card not working’. What would you do in such a scenario?
Do not worry. Here is our blog on how you can tackle such a situation. Keep reading to find out.
Why do I see the SIM card not working or SIM card not detected message?
There can be multiple reasons on why you are seeing this message. The reasons can vary between software as well as hardware ones. Regardless of whatever the reasons may be, it is essential to get the issues fixed.
Furthermore, the SIM card not detected notifications can also differ between Android and iOS devices. We will take you through both the methods so that you get more clarity.
SIM card not detected message in iOS devices
If you have an Apple device, these are some of the steps that you should follow if you are seeing an invalid SIM message:
- First of all, make sure you have an active plan with your network carrier. There can be many instances when your current plan has expired, and that is why you are seeing the invalid SIM message popping up. Simply go to your carrier’s website and make the desired recharge. Your network will be back up in almost no time.
- In case, the mobile operator’s plan is not functional, then you can also try to restart your iOS device. It ideally works out if there are any underlying and minor issues that maybe affecting your device temporarily.
- Furthermore, if the previous step doesn’t work out, try looking for an update. You need to check for an update to the mobile carrier settings. Open the Settings app on your smartphone, go to General and then About section. If any update is available, click on the button and go ahead with it. The update should fix any of the issues with the SIM not working message.
- Next, try removing your SIM card from the device and inserting it once again. While inserting the SIM card, make sure that you are placing the SIM tray perfectly. It should not be left loose.
- As a last resort, try to see if another SIM card is working. If it is, then there is an issue with your SIM card itself. You might have to replace your SIM card now that the previous one is not working anymore.
These solutions will end up fixing your iOS device and you can get going once more. However, if not, then it is time to approach your local Apple service centre and get things sorted out from there.
SIM not working or SIM slot not working on your Android device?
Here is what you can do on your Android device:
Restart your phone to fix your invalid SIM error
Restarting your phone is one of the easiest and effortless ways to fix your smartphone’s invalid SIM notification. This is quite an effective solution as well, because restarting your phone can also fix a lot of software issues on your device. These issues may have been built up over the course of time, and now they are affecting your cell phone. All these glitches will get cleared up when you restart it.
Try out the Airplane Mode on your Android
Toggling the Airplane Mode on your Android device is also an effective way out of this problem. When you turn it on, all the networks of your device are turned off. Next, turn off the Airplane Mode, and all the networks will be back again. If the SIM not showing network problem is a temporary one, your SIM card network will be back once again.
Look around the SIM card tray
The SIM card tray is where your SIM card is stored in your smartphone. In case, you have ever dropped you phone or accidentally damaged it, then your network can be affected by it. Take your smartphone and look around the SIM card tray for any damages. If there are indeed signs of any form of physical damage, then you should get it fixed. Once fixed, the SIM not working message will no longer be there.
Switch the network operator to fix your invalid SIM error
Many times, the network operator settings on your smartphone may not be accurate. To fix that, follow these steps:
- Open the settings app on your Android device.
- Now, move over to the Network settings.
- Here, you will come across the mobile operator’s section.
- Next up, search for networks.
- When you click on search, a number of networks will appear for you. From this list, choose the network of your operator.
This will fix the invalid SIM error on your smartphone.
Buy a new SIM card for your smartphone
If all the above methods are not working, then now is the time for you to buy a new SIM card. It is quite possible that your SIM card is no longer working. Therefore, buying a new one is the only way out now. Moreover, if you feel that you are being overcharged for the plans of your previous operator, you can also try looking for a new operator.
In addition, you will also not have to change your phone number. Simply port number to a new mobile phone operator and you will be good to go. Hence, you do not have to go through the entire ordeal of updating your phone number everywhere. Porting is also quite easy, and effortless.
These are some of the solutions you can use to fix the message of invalid SIM on your phone. If none of these work, then you should get your phone checked at a service centre.