Just like everything else, even the SIM card has undergone massive changes. What was just a SIM card has now evolved into a major piece of tech without which we just cannot do. On top of that, you also get many different versions of the SIM card nowadays – the mini, micro and the nano SIM. In addition, the eSIM is also starting to make waves. But we’re not here to discuss about the benefits of having an eSIM (trust us, there are many). Instead, in this blog we will talk about how to transfer eSIM from one phone to another phone, using a few simple steps.
eSIM in iPhone vs eSIM in Android devices
The eSIM technology is relatively new. On top of that, Apple and Android devices have never really seen things eye to eye, which is what makes the transfer of eSIM from one device to another a little bit more complicated than what it should be. However, you should have no worries in this regard. We have provided you with the exact steps so you will have absolutely no difficulty while you transfer eSIM from one phone to another.
How to transfer eSIM to new iPhone?
Follow these steps to transfer Airtel eSIM to new iPhone:
- In the new iPhone, open the Settings app and then head over to Cellular. From there, open the Add Cellular Plan option.
- In the next step, you will have to choose a cellular plan transfer, from another device. Ideally, you will see a list of numbers. Now, in case you do not see it, simply tap on Transfer from Another Device. Do keep in mind that this feature will need both the devices to have the latest iOS version, iOS 16.
- Now, you will have to check your older iPhone for instructions regarding the transfer of the eSIM. As a result, you will have to confirm the transfer. You could also be asked for a verification code. In case you are asked, enter the code on your new phone and get the process for the transfer of eSIM started.
- Up next, you will have to wait for the cellular plan to get activated on the new iPhone. Your previous SIM card will get deactivated on your older phone.
- You will also see a banner notification that says finish setting up the carrier’s cellular plan. Click on it and ensure that the whole process gets completed.
Thus, this is the process that you will have to follow to transfer eSIM to iPhone.
How to transfer eSIM from one phone to another – Android & Apple?
In the case of Android devices, the process to transfer eSIM to new phone Airtel is also quite easy. In addition, if you have an Airtel SIM card, you can also follow this process for your Apple iPhone. Also, since you already have an eSIM and are only looking to switch the eSIM from one device to another, all you have to do is upload your eSIM to another phone.
Here are the steps:
- From your new smartphone, send an SMS with the text: eSIM <> registered email ID and send the message to the number 121.
- In case you have a proper working email ID, you will receive an SMS back from the same number. This confirms that the eSIM transfer process has been initiated.
- Make sure that you reply to this SMS with a ‘1’, as this confirms that you have accepted the transfer. This needs to be done within 60 seconds.
- After this, you will receive another consent call from 121, which will ask if you want to switch to an eSIM. In case you fail this, your request to get a new eSIM will be cancelled.
- Finally, you will receive one last SMS from 121 which will tell you about the QR code that you get on your registered email ID.
- Now, you will see the QR code on your email. Scan this QR code on your mobile phone and your eSIM will be updated on your new phone within 2 hours. Your previous SIM card stays active until the new ones get activated.
Points to remember with your new eSIM card
Here are some important points that you should know about:
- Do not ever click on the Delete eSIM option on your smartphone. In case you do so, your SIM card will end up getting deleted from your mobile. Therefore, you will not be able to make calls from your phone anymore.
- Another point that you have to remember is to complete the whole process of adding the carrier after scanning the QR code. Leaving the process midway is not considered wise.
- Make sure the email ID you are providing is valid. In case it is not, you will receive a text back from 121 which will provide you with further instructions on it.
Port to Airtel to get the best experience
Now that you are looking to switch to a new eSIM, what better way to get it other than on Airtel. Yes, that’s right. Airtel provides an excellent service to all consumers, even when you have switched to an eSIM. Explore the range of the superior Airtel network, no matter where you go. In addition, you can also get the Airtel Thanks app for an easy mobile recharge. You will also find a wide variety of Airtel’s attractive prepaid plans, plenty of recharge benefits and amazing offers too.
Now, Airtel 5G has also arrived, and it is high time that you get 5G on your phone after months of intense waiting. Airtel 5G will be available across all the metropolitan cities in India by the end of 2022. On top of that, by the end of 2023, Airtel 5G will be there in all the major Indian cities. Hence, choose Airtel 5G network and experience speeds that are 20 to 30 times of what you get today!
Read more: Common facts & myths about 5G network