How many times have you been to a friend’s place and have asked for the Wi-Fi password? Probably many times? And we are quite sure that a few of your friends often end up forgetting their password – which only leads to more awkwardness for everyone all around. Furthermore, even if they do remember the password, entering it can be quite awkward. Imagine typing in 8 or 9 alphanumeric or special characters on your phone by sequence. Get one wrong and you have to do it all over again. Frustrating, time consuming, and annoying. That’s why, having a Wi-Fi QR code around is so helpful.
Wi-Fi QR codes are almost everywhere nowadays, especially at public places. If you have been to cafes that have QR codes for Wi-Fi, you will have probably noticed how easy it is to connect to the internet. Thankfully, now you can replicate the same at your home as well. Here’s our guide on how to scan Wi-Fi QR code. By the end of this blog, we are sure you will know how to scan QR code for Wi-Fi.
Steps to create a Wi-Fi QR code to connect to Wi-Fi via iPhone
Creating a Wi-Fi QR code on your iPhone is quite easy. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Go to the Apple App Store, type Shortcuts, and download the Shortcuts app.
- Once the app has been downloaded on your smartphone, open the app.
- Proceed to tap on Gallery in the bottom right corner of the app.
- On the new screen, you will see multiple boxes that have small icons within themselves. Swipe right till you see the option: Shortcuts for Accessibility. Click on it.
- You will now see a vast list of icons. From here, choose QR your Wi-Fi.
- Now, tap on Add Shortcut.
- On the lower left part of the screen, click on My Shortcuts.
- Next, click on QR your Wi-Fi amongst the list of shortcuts. After that, enter your Wi-Fi name and choose Done.
- Also, enter your password correctly and click on Done.
- Finally, a QR code will appear on your new screen. If you tap on it, you will also witness a wide list of options.
If you tap the Share icon now, which is at the bottom left of the screen, you can proceed to share the QR code. You can share this code via Apple’s Air Drop feature, or send it via an instant messaging app, email or more. Furthermore, once the QR code is created, you can even proceed to print it, so that others can scan the code and connect to Wi-Fi in an instant.
How to generate QR code to connect to Wi-Fi in an Android phone?
Apple and Android have never been the same, really. That’s one thing which is easily visible here too. Thankfully, the procedure to get a Wi-Fi QR code on your phone in Android devices is a little easier, as the feature is built into these phones. Here is how you can access the Wi-Fi QR code generator on the Android phones:
- First of all, make sure that you are connected to the Wi-Fi connection which you wish to create a code for.
- In the next step, open the Settings app. From there, go to Connections and then to Wi-Fi.
- Now, you will see a gear icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Then, click on QR code. In case you don’t see it, you might have to click on the Share button.
- This will create a QR code for you, that will have your Wi-Fi name and the password.
- After that, take a screenshot of this QR code and then keep it saved. Else, you can also send it to your friends, or email it and share.
Do remember that in case of Android devices, the process can tend to be slightly different. Regardless, you will still be able to find out how to connect Wi-Fi with QR code.
How to scan QR code for Wi-Fi?
If you are wondering how to scan Wi-Fi QR code in Android or iOS, then you’ll be pleased to know that it is extremely easy. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Go to Settings app, and then click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Internet.
- Now, scroll down and you will find the Add network section. You will also find a QR code logo here.
- Click on that, and the QR code scanner will open for you.
Just make sure you have pointed the camera to the QR code effectively, before scanning. A bad camera angle can affect and may not enable you to scan the QR code.
The application of QR codes is just not limited to connecting to the Wi-Fi. Instead, there are far more applications. You can get plenty of UPI apps that run with the help of QR codes, facilitating instant cashless payments. And Airtel Thanks is one of them.
With Airtel Thanks, you will have the only online payment app that you ever need. Make prepaid, postpaid recharges, broadband, DTH, FASTag recharges and lots more – Airtel Thanks has it all.